Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with your preschoolers...?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

When they are sick? Yesterday we took my daughter and son on an hour long car ride to a museum. On the way back I noticed she kept coughing. Last night she crawled into bed with us (the 2nd time I have ever allowed this to happen) and ALLLL night her nose was wheezing meaning mommy got no sleep. This morning she was in good spirits but was coughing and sounded stuffed up. I called her dad and asked if he thought I should keep her home. His reply was "When I was a kid and sick I still went to school." My thought was well yeah that's nice getting the other kids sick and then them taking it home to the babies and mom's having to deal with sick kids. So at what point do you keep your kids home? She wasn't running a fever and my sinuses have been bothering me so I'm wondering if that's what she has going on.

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the
brave.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Schleetle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I usually keep the boys home whenever they are sick, but when they had just regular old pre-k crud I didn't keep them home. They pretty much had a runny nose for the first few months in pre-k everytime it went away they got it back from another child. So if they're sick I keep them home, but if it's something like crud I may send them anyway. Kwim?

Honeybun09

BUMP!

la_bella_vita
I plan to only keep my kids home with a fever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife43
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:28 AM

idk, it depends on how he's acting. if there's no fever, he's running around in the morning, playing, acting like nothing's wrong and he's just got a stuffy nose, then yes, he will go to school. If he claims he's not feeling well, actually laying down and resting, not wanting to play, even with no fever i won't send him to school. he may not have a fever but it could be a stomach virus.

if he just has a stuffed up nose and cough, i'll send him in, the second day if the cough has gotten worse i may not, but i'd give him some warm juice to help his throat both days, and allergy meds.

Bashful984
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I know! The whole thing with me is, ok my kid is sick, to late to stop it now. I don't want other kids to get sick. Why inflict other moms with the hell I'm going through lol. But that's what I figured. If she isn't running a faver and she is acting ok then I'll send her. This whole school thing is really getting to me. Yesterday she got her "homework" folder and her last name was spelled wrong. When I took her to school today I went in the class to tell the teacher and Lydia bolted off from me and wouldn't even tell me bye lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)