Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He won't stop......

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

Pooping!!!  My DS is a little under a month old. He's EBF and he poops all the time. My girls both pooped alot too but he does it so often his little bottom is raw between the cheeks. I check his diaper constantly. He also frequently passes gas and alot of the time he'll poo just a really small amount when he does. Sometimes its such a small amount it just sits between his cheeks. So anyway, the point of all this, I was using vaseline to try and create a barrier so it could heal and then I called the Triple Paste company to see if it was safe to use on a newborn, they said yes so now I've been using Triple Paste. But because he goes so frequently it doesn't seem to help at all. Is there anything I can do to help him heal? He goes for his 1 month check up today and Im going to talk to the Dr about it too.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SoniaL
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM

My DD pooped ALL the time too. She pooped AS i changed her poopy diaper! lol Breastmilk can help heal. Lansinoh is what I would use. It is natural and creates a barrier on the skin that works way better than vaseline does.

armywife43
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:37 AM

i used desitin. an old remedy, put corn starch in an old sock, and dab it so the powder gets  on his butt. GL, i hate it when my baby's butts are red.

MommaSteph85
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I had this problem to before I switched to cloth. My dd poops alot and the sposies weren't helping the situation any. But cornstarch always works for me. We haven't had to deal with the rash in a long time. If I even notice her getting a little red I use cornstarch.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I would use butt paste.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)