Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you go to your high school prom?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 37 Replies

Did you regret going? (if you went)

Did you regret NOT going? (if you didn't go)

Will you make your kids go? or will you leave the decision up to them?

I didn't go to my Prom and YES I do regret it now, but I'm glad my parents didn't force me at the time. 

I was asked by a few guys to even go to their prom but I turned them down. I wish I wasn't sooooo shy in high school things would have been so different...haha!

I will leave the decision up to my kids!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissamsmith
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM

No i didnt go to mine and I dont regret it me and my boyfriend at the time took the money we would have spent on the prom and spent the weekend in the city .  My sister just went to hers and she said it was def. not worth all the money and regrets going to it. 

Schleetle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I went to my "boyfriend's" (he was the check yes, or no box type bf that I had for about a month) prom, and I regret going to that because his school was so lame.

I didn't go to my senior prom. I planned on going with a friend since DH (then boyfriend) was already away with the military. That friend ended up getting in a bad car accident, and couldn't afford to go. Then I took off before prom to go get married anyway. I don't regret it because I was still able to graduate. I don't think I missed much, and I'll let my kids decide if they want to when the time comes.

MirandaPage
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I didn't have a prom, but a junior senior banquet. I went to a very strict private school. I didn't have a date, but I am glad I went nonetheless. I had a great time! I won't make them go, but I bet they will go anyway.

kelza
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Yes I went and it was so much fun!

Britti210
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I went to a couple of them with older guys and I went to my junior prom but I did not go to my senior ball - my date for my senior ball was my best guy friend (nothing more EVER) and then I met Eric (now DH) and we were dating at the time so my guy friend says to me "everyone is going camping after the ball" and I say "well I am not because I have a boyfriend & don't think going camping with a bunch of guys would be a good idea" so he says "okay I'm finding another date then" LOL okkkayyy! So I said whatev after that and just didn't go, I don't regret it because I really couldn't wait to get outta HS anyway!

crabtreemommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I went to both my jr. and senior prom and I dont regret it! It was really fun to hang out with all my friends! If my son wants to go to prom... thats his decision! Im not going to make him if he doesnt want to go!!

MamaPisces
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:42 AM

No, I didn't go to prom. I dropped out before then and got my GED. High school was such a waste of time, to me anyway.

mommy2dallas602
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Yes I've been to 5 proms but not my senior prom because i got expelled and yes i regret it. But i'm gonna let my kids decide i'm not going to force them to do anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OutlawMUA
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Didn't go, don't regret it. I graduated from HS early and joined the military instead.

I would never "make" my children attend an unnecessary social function, period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM
I didn't go ti nine but u went ti my boyfriends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)