Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergic to?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

What are you allergic too?

Are your kids allergic too anything?

I was told by my DRs when I was a kid, not to eat any tree nuts, since they "think" its what caused my severe hives.

As I got older I decided to eat a snickers for the first time ( i was 13) and I didn't break out.

Til this day I have tried everything BUT ALMONDS...lol..I think I may be allergic to them because I avoided to eat them my whole life.

DH is still trying to get me to eat a few, he tells me I'm not allergic but I guess its just a mind thing.

I will.. one of these days try an Almond for the first time..lol..

My kids are not allergic to anything right now.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I think I'm a little allergic to cats, but not too bad.  One of my sons has bad seasonal allergies, but that's it for the kids that I know of.

Hubby recently got the allergy blood test done, and he is allergic to EVERYTHING like every tree, plant, food that was on the list (most of his food allergies were mild). The only things he didn't have allergies to in the whole list was animals. LoL

lovemy2boys39
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemy2boys39
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM
I am allergic to cats and do is my husband. Not sure about the kids. Mu husband is also allergic to penicilin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Honey and dairy for me, dairy proteins for DD, and dairy for DH.  So far that's what we know of.

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM
Nothing here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chcon
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:54 PM

My husband is allergic to dander and dust mites.  I am allergic to contrast dye (the stuff they use for cat scans, etc.).  The only allergy any of our kids have so far is my third is allergic to peanuts.    My older son had something on his eye once that a doctor said was probably from allergies, but he's never gotten it again nor had it before then (he was 3) and he didn't say what allergy. 

SoniaL
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I am not allergic to anything. DH is allergic to small furry things (lol) and flowers and strong fragrance.

My 3 yr old is the only one (so far) of my 4 DDs with allergies. hers are: dairy (lactose i think), soy, citric acid, strawberries, pineapple, citrus fruit, polyester, fragrance.

lovemy2boys39
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Sorry about the typos. I did't have my auto correcting turned on my phone.

Quoting lovemy2boys39:

I am allergic to cats and do is my husband. Not sure about the kids. Mu husband is also allergic to penicilin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I am allergic to aspirin, all NSAIDS, the -cillin family, and a lot of other medicine!

We're still trying to figure Esmeralda out. They listed her as a milk protein allergy until we can see the pediatric gastro in Portland.

ely209
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

i am allergic to jalapenos of certain kind and anything spicy. anything with strong perfume, and i have sesonal allergies and dairy products and spinal tap morphine my DD#1 nothing yet that i know of DD#2 i will know when she older

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)