Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High chair troubles

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 9 month old daughter will not eat in her high chair. She sits still for maybe a minute and then she is trying to turn around and stand up in it (which she does pretty well). She won't eat very much because she is trying to get up, but I know she is hungry. So I don't know what to do about it. Her high chair is just basic, no bells or whistles to distract her which I don't know if it is a good or bad thing. But The only time I can get her to eat is if I take the tray and put it on the floor. She always feeds herself because she doesn't eat baby food. But I don't  know what to do about it. HELP!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom71307
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Does it have the 5-point harness thing?  USE it if it does.  There is no way my son would be able to turn around or stand up in his high chair and it is one that attaches to the kitchen chair... space saver highchair.  BUT, the tray goes on tight, it is not all that big and there is a harness on it.  IF he was trying to get up, I would harness him in.

jessicaaris
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I have tried to buckle her in but she still trys to turn around and then just ends up screaming because she can't move anywhere. So either way she is still not eating in her chair like she should be.

Mom71307
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Stop letting her eat anywhere else... in her chair or not at all.  She will get it.

Heather881029
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I agree.  She wont starve herself and it may take time to get used to but she will learn that if she wants to eat then she has to sit in her high chair to do it.  Kid learn by repeated the same actions and the same schedule daily. 

Quoting Mom71307:

Stop letting her eat anywhere else... in her chair or not at all.  She will get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)