Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBAC after 2 c sections ?piog

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
Is it possible or safe? For both of my previous pregnancies my pelvis didn't move out enough for ds or dd to fit. I'm wondering if I can consider a VBAC for my 3rd? But I'm not sure if it's safe. Kwim? I just had a c section almost a year ago. Any advice would be nice. I've alway wanted to have a normal vaginal birth.

I'm not comfortable with a home birth as the hospital/birthing center that I go to is nearly 2 hours away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM

2 hours, wow that is far. Yes having a vba2c is safe and the ACOG now reccomends trying for one now which more doctors are recognizing. Its still tough to find a doctor who will do it, but you can do it and it is safe.

there is only less than 1% risk of uterine ruture and thats less than the risks of a reeat csection.

check out the birth is normal grou as well as the vbac grou on here, both will have lots of info for you. also check out ican-online.org as well.

i have to ask, were you induced with your last births, were you made to labor on your back the whole time??  if you were induced this doubles your risk of csection, and if you are laboring on your back it narrows your pelvis up to 30% so it can narrow it so much that its too small to birth a baby, but had you been on your hands and knees or squatting it would have been fine as those positions open the pelvis up.

Barronbaby
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM
for dd- I went into labor but I wasn't progressing so the gave me pitocin. I labored 12 hous I tried walking and laying on my side but was more comfortable in a semi reclined position. I pushed for an hour but dd wouldn't drop down the dr couldn't even use forcepts to help her out I remember everytime I pushed alot of fluid came out. With ds I was too nervouse about a really horible labor only to go to a c section. So I opted for the repeat. The dr would have done the vbac too. idh was also worried since he was working about 3 hours away and it was just me ad dd at home so if I went into labor I would have no way to get to the hospital or take dd. He won't be working when peaut makes their appearance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM

did your water break at all, that could have been the fluid... as for pushing.. an hour isnt long at all. i had to push for 2 hours with my son.  i would say you could definately try for that vba2c

Quoting Barronbaby:

for dd- I went into labor but I wasn't progressing so the gave me pitocin. I labored 12 hous I tried walking and laying on my side but was more comfortable in a semi reclined position. I pushed for an hour but dd wouldn't drop down the dr couldn't even use forcepts to help her out I remember everytime I pushed alot of fluid came out. With ds I was too nervouse about a really horible labor only to go to a c section. So I opted for the repeat. The dr would have done the vbac too. idh was also worried since he was working about 3 hours away and it was just me ad dd at home so if I went into labor I would have no way to get to the hospital or take dd. He won't be working when peaut makes their appearance.

Barronbaby
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM
the dr. Broke my water.

Quoting lundaylove:

did your water break at all, that could have been the fluid... as for pushing.. an hour isnt long at all. i had to push for 2 hours with my son.  i would say you could definately try for that vba2c

Quoting Barronbaby:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM

hmm, still could have been it though, the baby could have put pressure on the opening and stopped the leak so to speak....

Quoting Barronbaby:

the dr. Broke my water.

Quoting lundaylove:

Quoting Barronbaby:

babygomez
by April on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:57 AM

I've only had one pregnancy, here's a BUMP!

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:59 AM
I had a vbac and have read that vba2c are just as safe as vbacs so yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)