Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where did you go on your first airplane ride?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM
  • 39 Replies

Were you scared? How did the trip go?

I went to Sacramento, CA for a 5th grade field trip. We went to tour the state capital. I sat in the governors chair and didn't even realize it. It was a great trip up until my teacher pulled my hair for walking in front of her. I'm a fast walker and that's all there is too it.

I wasn't scared at all it was fun to me!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaM.C.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM

i was going to 29 palms CA. to see a marine. worst yet best trip of my life

mama_girl07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I dont know my mom used to work for an airlines so we flew alot, I think the first ride by myself was to see my grandparents when i was about 5

AngylTears
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Never have, if I cant drive there I aint goin lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I think it was from CT to FL, and I was about 6 months old, so no I wasn't afraid.  My son took his first flight at 11 months and flies every other month so I doubt I'll ever have to deal with him being afraid of flying either. 

wife.and.mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:46 PM

i was 4 1/2 months old and i came to the USA.  yes i am an immigrant.. but, i became a citizen at the age of 1

Countrygerl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I went to viva las vagas when I was 20 with my mom, stepdad and brother. That was my first airplane trip. And the plane had to go back to the port twice cause of engine troubles and then a third time cause they didn't have enough fuel. That is NOT something you want to hear when riding a plane for the first time and especially when it 8 months after the 9/11 attacks!

Thelmama

La Paz, Bolivia.  My daddy was in the army and was stationed there.  I was 5.  I still remember running through the airport on a lay over in Miami and my mom had us on leashes........roflol.....cause she was traveling with 4 kids by herself (sis and I are twins) and had all the luggage and carryon to handle and was flying alone with us to meed Daddy in Bolivia.....and had never been in Miami before etc....and then I remember that we had to fly UP to get to the airport.  La Paz is in an extinct volcano.  We went to a look out point at the air port and you could see the birds flying from the TOP of the bird.  I will never forget that. That was many many many many moons ago......LOL.  I am 42 so do the math......LOL.

Anasmommy1110
I haven't yet. But in about a year we plan on going to Colombia to see so's family and for them to meet dd. I have to say I am very scared and I will prob try to chicken out before it happens. Any advice? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Claudiomom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I have nevr been on a plane but I plan to some day. I want to go to italy

BraythansMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:51 PM

My fiance and I went to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday. I don't think i want to fly again lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)