Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which do you have?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you have a stackable or full size washer & dryer, or none at all?

We just moved to a place with a stackable washer & dryer from a house with a full size w/d and man is it a huge adjustment! We have to do much smaller loads of laundry now, meaning MORE loads of laundry... This will take some getting used to...

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairybaby55
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:08 PM

We have full sized front loading washer and dryer.. I really like them!

~Sara

mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:09 PM

we have a full sz washer & dryer. i hate having to wash things by hand it such a pita. don't get me started if i have line dry or lay flat to dry an item. ugh!

CjEmmemommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:10 PM

We have a full size.. I have used a stack able and it was fine, you get use to the smaller loads and since I don't do much laundry it was nice to have shorter cycles.. I couldn't imagine having it now though at the time it was just Hubby and I with a new born.. So like 1 or 2 loads a week.

erica

lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:11 PM

oh gosh that sucks. we have full size and will be upgrading to the engery star rated ones... woo hoo!  wont be for a few months but still i cant wait =)

carinyosa99
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:11 PM

We have a full size washer and dryer (top loading washer).  I don't think I'd be able to handle a stackable set now - but when it was just me and DH, possibly.

Jennifair
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:12 PM

cryingnone

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Yes, I'm just now starting to realize how much this will suck since the three of us combined go through a lot of laundry, but at the same time maybe this will help me to keep up with everything.

Quoting lundaylove:

oh gosh that sucks. we have full size and will be upgrading to the engery star rated ones... woo hoo!  wont be for a few months but still i cant wait =)

sillymommy521
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM
We just moved into an apartment with a stackable. I have to do small loads but prior to this none of the apartments i lived in had one. With two kids - and one being a baby- it was exhausting and expensive going to a laundromat all the time. I am grateful to finally have a washer and dryer :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelza
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Quoting fairybaby55:

We have full sized front loading washer and dryer.. I really like them!

~Sara

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Yes we just moved into an apartment with a stack able too. It was the biggest "selling point" for me. We only looked at apartments with either full size hook ups or a stack able, I refuse to go to the laundromat unless I have no choice lol. I just don't have the time or patience for it, especially with DD. I don't know how you did it with TWO kids!

Quoting sillymommy521:

We just moved into an apartment with a stackable. I have to do small loads but prior to this none of the apartments i lived in had one. With two kids - and one being a baby- it was exhausting and expensive going to a laundromat all the time. I am grateful to finally have a washer and dryer :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)