• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding n weight loss?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
Did u lose lots of weight bf? Or not? Or just staying the same?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robin1725
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I lost 40 pounds (gained 35 during my pregnancy) by just breastfeeding.....no exercise or diet!!!

CafeMom Tickers

littleredmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM
How long did u bf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleredmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 AM
How long did u bf?

Quoting robin1725:

I lost 40 pounds (gained 35 during my pregnancy) by just breastfeeding.....no exercise or diet!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM

OLD WIVES TALE

KairisMama
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I've been BF for 4 months, and have lost 17 lbs. No diet or exercise here either.

I'm Kairi AND Kaden's mama now!!

UMiamiChick5683
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM

I feel like I'm the only person to ever BF and not really lose anything. I lost about 20 lbs in probaly the 2 weeks right after birth, but I'm pretty sure it was all baby and water weight and now I've just been hovering around the same weight for the past 5 weeks. I've been trying to drink a lot of water and eat pretty decently (wasn't too strict before, but now trying to make it definitely more healthy) and still nada. I'm hoping maybe some exercise will help jumpstart it a little more (I've done a little bit, but need to do it more regularly now). So basically, long story short, some (or most) people are lucky and BF and drop weight quickly, or sometimes things are crappy and the weight sticks around no matter what, like me. :-(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I started at 135 lbs pre-pregnancy. got to 155 when I gave birth. went to 145 really fast. held on to that until I weaned at 21 1/2 months and then lost the last 10 lbs and am still dropping!

abstractmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:52 AM
Ive been bfing for 20 months and Ive gained 15 pounds. Im hungrier thanI ever was during pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtle-luv
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Its just an old wives tale! Breastfeeding burns some extra calories but so does a lot of things, if your doing things right bf.can help you lose weight but so can walking to the park everyday kwim. I mean you dont see an overweight new mom and think oh she must formula feed. losing baby weight is about lifestyle not whether you breastfeed!
abstractmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM
* 10 months not 20
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)