Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!! sleep schedule

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

My son just turned 1 and he still wakes up a lot throughout the night. sometimes i rock him back to sleep, sometimes i put him in bed w me., lately hes been wakin up at insane hours nd is wide awake!! idk what to do. help? any1 have the same problem?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shaysmommy5810
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 AM
my daughter's almost five months and still sleeps with us, she falls asleep at six am with bottle, wakes up at 7 pm wantin a bottle. her daddy says he wants us to start workin with gettin her in her own bed...i'm scared!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Nope sorry.  Are you still breastfeeding?  He may need more nourishment before bed to satiate him throughout the night.  Make sure he does not sleep too long in the day.

teddysmama09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:16 AM

I was just about to post about this! Teddy had been doing really well: asleep at 9, up for a nip at 4 (for about 2 mintues) then asleep until 8am. Then came the teeth, then everything went to pot. At the moment it is 5am and I am in the living room with Teddy, who is wide awake rocking away in his swing as if its noon! He hasn't slept more than two hours all night and I've tried everything, so as a last resort I stuck him in his swing and put on some Beyonce (his favourite).

Teddy sleeps with us as well, he never took to the crib. I breastfeed but Teddy gets ALOT of other food as well, so I'm pretty sure he's not hungry. I have no idea!

loverbugsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:19 AM
Why does she sleep during the day instead of at night

Quoting shaysmommy5810:

my daughter's almost five months and still sleeps with us, she falls asleep at six am with bottle, wakes up at 7 pm wantin a bottle. her daddy says he wants us to start workin with gettin her in her own bed...i'm scared!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 AM

I never had that problem but I'm sure other mommies have ... here's a bump for you.

mrsbovee
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Anabel is only 6 months old so I kind of expect her to still do this occasionally.  A friend of mine has 15 month old son and he was doing this.  Eventually she got sick of it and just ignored him at night and apparently that worked.  He sleeps from 9pm to 9am now.

erica243446
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I stopped breastfeeding awhile ago (well, Drake stopped) but i know he still gets enough before bed. maybe it is his teething like yurs? Drake is the same exact way. He rarely wakes up like that hungry.

idk what to do. i get so exhausted. DH is always curious as to how i go to bed early yet im still dead tired throughout the day.

Quoting teddysmama09:

I was just about to post about this! Teddy had been doing really well: asleep at 9, up for a nip at 4 (for about 2 mintues) then asleep until 8am. Then came the teeth, then everything went to pot. At the moment it is 5am and I am in the living room with Teddy, who is wide awake rocking away in his swing as if its noon! He hasn't slept more than two hours all night and I've tried everything, so as a last resort I stuck him in his swing and put on some Beyonce (his favourite).

Teddy sleeps with us as well, he never took to the crib. I breastfeed but Teddy gets ALOT of other food as well, so I'm pretty sure he's not hungry. I have no idea!

CafeMom Tickers
SrkStrickland
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I am probably going to get ridiculed for saying this but we turned the monitor off when he was 9 months old. He was awake every hour and a half to breastfeed. For his sanity and mine we began trying everything. We tried co-sleeping and every 'soothing' method there is and nothing worked! We were both always so grouchy! One day I just said "I HAVE to get some SLEEP!" I turned off the monitor one night and that's all it took. I turned it back on the next night and he did not wake up at all for 2 weeks. He did relapse after that, lol. We went through it all over again for a few weeks when I decided to try again. It probably took 3-4 days of the monitor being turned off and he has slept through the night ever since. But every baby is different. What works for one won't work for another. Just thought I'd share, perhaps it will work for you.

erica243446
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM

he would he wake up? like, did he scream?? drake sleeps in the same room as us, so itd be hard but worth a try

Quoting SrkStrickland:

I am probably going to get ridiculed for saying this but we turned the monitor off when he was 9 months old. He was awake every hour and a half to breastfeed. For his sanity and mine we began trying everything. We tried co-sleeping and every 'soothing' method there is and nothing worked! We were both always so grouchy! One day I just said "I HAVE to get some SLEEP!" I turned off the monitor one night and that's all it took. I turned it back on the next night and he did not wake up at all for 2 weeks. He did relapse after that, lol. We went through it all over again for a few weeks when I decided to try again. It probably took 3-4 days of the monitor being turned off and he has slept through the night ever since. But every baby is different. What works for one won't work for another. Just thought I'd share, perhaps it will work for you.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)