Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sippy Cups?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 AM
  • 12 Replies
When did you introduce sippy cups to your babies? And what did you put in them? Also what type do you use?

My son is 6 months old and we had the hardest time getting my daughter off bottles and I think its because we waited to long to switch to sippy cups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loverbugsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM
i never used a sippy cup. To me it is just a glorified bottle. I did straw cups or regular cups. SORRY
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachmichele825
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Peyton ended up liking the ones with the rubber tops. We started putting water in a sippy for him around 5-6 months. Not that he got much at that age, but at least he was introduced....which, I think, made giving up the bottle so much easier. Whatever you do....don't put anything else but formula in those bottles! It makes it even harder if you put water/juice/milk in them.

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM
I start giving one about 7 months when I start doing solids. I put wate in it. I don't do juice and I bf so no worry bout getting off the bottle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachmichele825
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Then at 12 months, we introduced the straw cups. That is what he uses now, along with a regular cup, at 21 months.

carinyosa99
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM

We started with a sippy cup at about 8 months using a trainer cup.  We put water with a little splash of juice in them (my son would never drink straight water from them).  I ended up later buying Munchkin sippy cups which were better because my son would chew the top of the trainer cup and everything would leak out (the top was soft silicone).  I just bought him a straw cup last night and that was probably the best thing for us.  He's never been that great with the sippy cups.

sammi_chance07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I got a ton of different cups until I found some he would use. Now he pretty much uses anything. I started with the Nuby...they LEAKED EVERYWHERE!!! Then I went to the Nuks, they were just annoying. Then I got Playtex and another type of Nuk and they were great for him.

chcon
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I think I tried at 6 months on my first but she didn't get it until 7 or 8 months so I waited until then with the next two.  I'll probably try at 7 or 8 months with the fourth as well.  :)

cole060783
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM
I started at 4 mos...shes 6 mos i use nuk. she will drink a few ounces out of the cup..just keep trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlkWingedAngel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM
His pediatrican had us giving him pedialyte in the bottle but only when he refused to drink formula or breast milk. Which is only once a day he only gets a little maybe 2 oz. I am thinking about switching that into a sippy cup and just using the bottles for the formula. I don't want him on bottles at the age of 2 like his big sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambereno144
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 AM
We started at 6 months with kenlee and I put water in it. She didn't really like it until I started slowly taking the bottle away at 9 months. Now she loves her sippy. I tried every kind under the sun and at first it didn't matter what kind it was...she wast NOT going to drink from it. Now she will use any kind that doesn't have a handle lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)