Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs! - What are some things you do?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM
  • 16 Replies

What are some of the things you typically do as a SAHM?  I will be one officially next week!  (I quit my job. Yay me!. lol) How many LOs do you have to look after? How old are they?  Do you like it?  Tell me a little bit about your life and what you do.  I am just excited and interested to hear about what other Ladies do and how they do it.  =o)

*~*JuLeS*~*

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I'm a SAHM, and I've been one for 5 years (when my oldest was born). I now have 3 at home. They are almost 5, 3, and almost 10 months. We pretty much sit and home and hang out every day. I don't like going out much, plus with the 3 of them, it's a struggle. I clean, do laundry, wash dishes. And hang out on here a LOT. My laptop is in the living room, so whenever I want or have the time, I'm online. It's kind of boring, but I like it. I'd rather be bored than busy! LOL.

lyndallsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I have 2 girls, ages 5 and 2 (on Friday!!). My oldest is in Kindergarten so it is just Mia and I now. We also just moved from CT to FLA in April. Don't know too many people here yet. I've started taking Mia to story time at our county libraries. We also go to the park. Our apartment complex has a pool so sometimes we go there in the late afternoon. Back home there was a great playgroup in our town and we used to go to that. There isn't one here where we live now so the story time is great.

Kim

in lovebreastfeedinggirl on a swing

Kim & Alan              Mia                     Lyndall

8/2/03                10/1/2008             3/20/05

ingrid198
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM

i have a 2 year old son and a 6 month old daughter. i feel like im constantly busy between feeding and changing the baby and playing w/ my son and doing housework. on nice days we like to take walks and go to the playground, on yucky days my son watches more thomas dvds than usual and i get some more time online, just anything to keep us occupied. some days are long and i yearn for adult interaction but usually its not too bad, i cant imagine not being home with them!

Hisservent
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I've been a sahm since July '07. At that time I had a 8 1/2 month old...he's going to be 4 in Nov. I now have a daughter who will be 4 months next week.

Our typical day goes as follows

6:45/7 son wakes up and gets breakfast

7:30/8 daughter wakes up and nurses while son watches disney or pbs

9:  I pump bm for my emergency stash while son and daughter play

9:15 I check emails and poke around the net for a bit and have an activity for my son to do (abc, numbers, colors etc)

9:30/10 daughter goes down for a nap

10:  get son and myself dressed and start laundry or other chores while son plays

11 daughter nurses and plays

11:30 son eats lunch then plays

12:30/1pm daugher naps while I eat lunch, watch my soaps and son plays

2 daughter nurses and plays...son plays with her

3:30 daughter naps and I clean up kitchen from lunch

5 daugher nurses and then I start to prepare dinner while son watches pbs (he gets a bath every other night at this time) While dinner is in the oven, I straighten up house before hubs gets home.

6:15 daughter usually falls asleep while we eat dinner

6:45/7 hubs plays with kids while I clean up dinner ( I go grocery shopping on Thurs nights)

7:15 son gets ready for bed (pjs, brush teeth, potty, prayers)

7:30 son is in bed

7:45/8 daughter nurses then gets ready for bed (bath every other night) then plays

9:15 daughter nurses and then goes to bed

10pm: I usually go to bed...sometimes hubs comes with :-)

Sometimes I run errands during the day, but I prefer to go alone because taking the kids takes 2x as long.

I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin,  schedule stickin to, as Green as I can get, SAHM of 2.

tangleballlover
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I have 2 kids, ages 3 1/2 and 2 1/2. They basically play without me. I am a full-time online student working on my associate's. My children are kind of in the stage where if I leave the room for 2 seconds, they get into something they aren't supposed to (like messing with outlets or the coat closet) or they start fighting. So I basically only have 2 hours (naptime) to do any cleaning or something outside my living room. I spend time playing with them, we watch movies or a tv show or two together, read books, eating breakfast and lunch together and when they are playing by themselves, I do homework, read, play games (my kids like to play Just Dance on Wii with me (w/o a controller of course)), play online, etc.

My husband has my car for the time-being but when he deploys and I have the car full-time, we'll probably spend more time doing out of the house things. :)

Honeybun09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

BUMP!

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM
I have a5 yr old 2.5 yr old and 10 month old. My oldest goes to school so we walk her to school and pick her up. I'm homeschooling my second for preschool. My third nurses. I do grocery shopping bill paying one day I try to deep clean everything one day then just tidy on the others. Ineed to get a schedule going here at home for us so I don't feel like I have somuch to do at once
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IloveBilly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I have three kids ages 8,7, and 2. Im a SAHM but Im also a college student full time. But I try to make sure the house is clean for when my hubby comes home, I make dinner for my family, I play with my children, I take them out for ice cream and to the park. I enjoy it very much!

faeryfrog
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I have an 18 month old. We get up anywhere from 7-8, and I usually give her a banana first thing, while I have some coffee and check my comp stuff. We'll watch some seseme street, and then I have to wake up my SO for work, and we'll all have some breakfast, then playtime.

We take my SO to work, and she's usually asleep by the time we get home (11:30 ish) and takes a3 hour nap. This is when I do most of my cleaning. I do different chores different days, but most I do everyday. We usually play, read books, color, play in the yard, vist friends, and she likes to help me dust.. I make dinner, me and Ella eat, and then we go for a walk. Bath time, and them we usually watch her Pooh DVD. Pick up SO from work, and she's usually asleep by the time we get home (8 pm)

JuLiJuLes5
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I loved reading these so far!  Anyone else?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)