• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

newborn to infant?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM
  • 10 Replies

When does a newborn stop getting called a newborn and become an infant??

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erica243446
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM

probably somewhere btwn 1-3 mos.

Schleetle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I think after 2-3 months. You will see some changes that make you think wow she is really a baby now... I call the newb stage the "blob" stage because the babies are kind of just taking in their surroundings, but not doing much yet. Soon they start looking around, reacting to things, and start to show more personality. I think that is when they begin to leave the newborn stage.

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM
I think about 3 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybebaby83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Okay! wasn't sure and if you google it you get a hundred different answers! LOL

Armygrl1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM

In medical contexts, newborn refers to an infant in the first 28 days of life (from birth up to 4 weeks after birth, less than a month old).The term "newborn" includes premature infants, post-mature infants and full term newborns.

The term infant,  meaning "unable to speak" or "speechless." It is typically applied to children between the ages of 1 month and 12 months; however, definitions vary between birth and 3 years of age. "Infant" is also a legal term referring to any child under the age of legal adulthood

" It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy"

sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

idk lol this sort of thing is a debate in our house.  I always called DD a baby and DH informed me yesterday she is NOT a baby anymore, she is a toddler (she is 13 months!).  I said aww no she's my baby lol

Jess.Lynn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I have a 2 month old and I was just thinking this same thing!!

4_28_bbboy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I was always told between 2-3 months but I think when they can roll over because it is the start of being independent. :[ and D just got the hang of the rolling accross the floor too...I am sad :[

T.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM

id say 3months

Ambereno144
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM
I say 3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)