Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeding Baby

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

Well ladies i cant belive it my lil man is almost 9 months old. Time has really flown since i had him in January. My issue is now he REFUSES to eat Baby food... He wants what mommy and daddy and his brothers and sister are having. At dinner time for the most part thats not an issue, but im having a hard time comming up with heathy fast things for him to eat for lunch. The gerber pasta pickups and things like that are good but are getting very expensive. He does not have any teeth yet, but i do see he does have two bottom teeth that are trying to pop through. He usully has oatmeal for breakfast. So my question is...

Do any of of you mommys out there have a meal plan or ideas on things to give Liam for lunch?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sh2991ba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM

My DD didn't have any teeth until she was 11 months old and she ate everything we did (not choking hazard foods of course).  For lunch, we just give her last nights leftovers or something like mac n cheese, pb sandwich, scrambled eggs.  Basically anything with protein in it.  Then we open up a can of veggies and a can of fruit.  I also got a little box of already made hamburgers that are frozen.  I would nuke those for her sometimes.  Or a chicken patty like that.  Or some chicken nuggets.  I'm sure you get my drift LOL

mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 PM

i have no idea what to suggest. here's a bump for you mommy.

SoniaL
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Those gerber meals are overly processed anyway. You would be better off makign him that type of meal.  My DD never ate babyfood. She hated it. She went straight to finger foods at 7 1/2 months. She loves black beans, steamed broccoli, peas, soft cooked sweet potatoes (or white ones), cooked carrots, green beans, brown rice, toast with plain yogurt or applesauce on it, chunks of cheese, banana pieces, mango, pear, peach apple. Cheerios, noodles.  She loves homemade veggie burgers, sloppy joes on a bun. (she is 17 months now)

aikenchic
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Stevie has teeth. He s 10 1/2 mos old.  Has refused baby food since July.  His favorite is Denty Moore Beef Stew- mashed up (not pureed) so there is still texture but he can chew with what teeth he has aor gum it until he can swallow.  He LOVES this stuff.  He put on a whole pound in 1 wk just by eating this stug.  About 1/2 cup 2x a day.  He hasn't gotten tired of it yet.  YEs I do have pedi's permission to feed him anything that we eat except whole peanuts, fresh strawberries and whole milk.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM

my son was born jan 21 and he eats a lot of what we have.....pancakes, potatoes, peas....there is always something in our meal he can eat. he has already eaten some cheetos from his big sis! lol

muskegonmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:43 PM

yea i have givin him things like ramon noodles and the dintymore beefstew, i do feed him what we are having for dinner have have not tried the pb & jelly or scrammbed eggs cause they arnts spose to have them till hes a year old. He loves things like meatballs. Ive done spahgetti ohs (sp?) simple things like that. I dont know why im makeing this so hard to think of things to make him...lol I guess cause my others ate baby food till they were a year old. He wont touch it tho...he loves potatos and peas we did pancakes for the first time the other day he liked those too. He loves yourgert too wont touch applesause tho unless its got the chunks in it. I guess my boy loves to chew...lol

SoniaL
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM

fruits, veggies, beans and pasta or rice.  Just mix up the variety. I would stay away from the gerber meals and ramen and dinty moore. :p Too processed and loaded with sodium and icky stuff.  Go simple. whole foods. as much as possible.

Quoting muskegonmommy:

yea i have givin him things like ramon noodles and the dintymore beefstew, i do feed him what we are having for dinner have have not tried the pb & jelly or scrammbed eggs cause they arnts spose to have them till hes a year old. He loves things like meatballs. Ive done spahgetti ohs (sp?) simple things like that. I dont know why im makeing this so hard to think of things to make him...lol I guess cause my others ate baby food till they were a year old. He wont touch it tho...he loves potatos and peas we did pancakes for the first time the other day he liked those too. He loves yourgert too wont touch applesause tho unless its got the chunks in it. I guess my boy loves to chew...lol

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM
I take ideas from the Ferber meals but make them myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)