Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guilty, yes I told a lil white lie

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

Some mommies may or may not agree with me but I have to make sure that I get my older kids to brush their teeth. It is such a battle. DH & I have done everything to make sure that they do brush their teeth. We have even threaten to take away the Nintendo DS and sell it. But I found something that works much better.

I asked them if they brushed their teeth. I get the usual "yes mom" and this is where the lil white lie comes in. "Are you sure you brushed your teeth or did you just run the brush under the water. cuz i have a friend down at the police department that can check your toothbrush to see if you really brushed your teeth or if you just ran it under the water."

Every time I say this my 11 yr old bolts into action, lol.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jasonsmommy05
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

haha.. thats funny.

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Lol! I'm gonna try that one. I always smell Abis breath or see if her teeth are sparkly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4_28_bbboy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM
I like that white lie LOL T.
MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM

ah ha ha ha. my mom used to remove her partials and tell me that if you don't brush your teeth this is what happens! I ALWAYS brushed my teeth! partials coming out of a woman in her early 30's was freaky!

lovemy2boys39
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:28 PM

lol I was trying to figure out where I have heard this. It's off the movie Uncle Buck.

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM

hahahahah!!! Love this!

My kids love to brush their teeth. It's hilarious.

monichella71787
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Whatever works! lol. 

mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM

it's been working and so far i have only had to threaten this a handful of times now.

Amybelle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:03 PM

LOL...........when my older kids were young (they're 25, 22, 18 & 16 now) DH had a friend who was a Police Officer for our city. We'd see him around the city in his Uniform & would always stop to chat a bit. We told the kids that if they didn't go to bed on time "officer Tom" would come and give Mama & Daddy a ticket. Worked every time!! ;)

mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:04 PM

lol!

Quoting Amybelle:

LOL...........when my older kids were young (they're 25, 22, 18 & 16 now) DH had a friend who was a Police Officer for our city. We'd see him around the city in his Uniform & would always stop to chat a bit. We told the kids that if they didn't go to bed on time "officer Tom" would come and give Mama & Daddy a ticket. Worked every time!! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)