• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gooey eye!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

My three week old has a goopy eye! just one of them. I noticed earliet today it looked irritated like she was rubbing it.. then she took a nap and when she woke up and opened her eye she has like goopy eye stuff in it...

I googled it and some pages said this is normal.. babies tear ducts can get clogged as they start forming.. others said conjunctivitis..

Has this happened to yours?

I will probably call her pediatrician as soon as she stops nursing, but i was hoping someone had experience with this! This would be our 4th trip to the pediatrician since we got home from the hospital (all the other trips were just well check ups and weight checks) but its $25 each visit.. it adds up!

i hope she isnt getting sick! 3 weeks old is a bit early to start this!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I'd put some breastmilk in there.

mommyof2grls06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM

This and massage around the tear duct, it will help it open up properly.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

A proud Christian, Republican. Supporter of the deportation of ALL illegal immigrants and their anchor babies, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Child Birthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 3 girls and one on the way and wife to my Marine!

Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM

BUMP

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Jax had that. It could be anything. Irritatation, allergies, slight infection. Call his doc, they have a little ointment they can call in for you. I didn't even have to take Jaxson in. Or you can try breastmilk, I didn't hear about that until after I gave jax the medicine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybebaby83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I saw that when i googled and thought someone was lying!! This is supposed to work?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

shellie830
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM

My son had this they put him on an eye cream I can't remember the name of it but it cleared it up fast. They assured me that lots of babies get this up to a year old. I think I just read that you could also try putting soem breastmilk in the eye while they're sleeping.. I never tried that but I guess it works just a drop tho..

mommyof2grls06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Breast milk has antibacterial and healing properties to it. It will work better and faster than most creams. I use breast milk on diaper rashes too.

Quoting maybebaby83:

I saw that when i googled and thought someone was lying!! This is supposed to work?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

A proud Christian, Republican. Supporter of the deportation of ALL illegal immigrants and their anchor babies, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Child Birthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 3 girls and one on the way and wife to my Marine!

Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Yep and I've used it for stuffy noses and baby ache.  Works wonders!

Quoting mommyof2grls06:

Breast milk has antibacterial and healing properties to it. It will work better and faster than most creams. I use breast milk on diaper rashes too.

Quoting maybebaby83:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

maybebaby83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:02 PM

thanks ladies! i just did the breast milk.. and called the peds office.. a nurse is going to call me back.. the women on the phone said sounds like a clogged tear duct.. but they will call me back! Hope it clears up and thank you!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM
I hope it clears up!

Quoting maybebaby83:

thanks ladies! i just did the breast milk.. and called the peds office.. a nurse is going to call me back.. the women on the phone said sounds like a clogged tear duct.. but they will call me back! Hope it clears up and thank you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)