Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eat as hungry or scheduled

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 25 Replies

Do you feed your children when hungry or do you keep them on a feeding schedule?

Share their ages as well please.

Proud babies mod and baby name central admin

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM

My 2 year old follows a breakfast, lunch, dinner schedule, and I also give him snacks at his request.

My 3 month old is fed on demand, but she rarely gets angry for food. I'm pretty good at picking up on her cues. Generally, the only time she's crying in hunger is if she just woke up--and usually that's cause I make her wait to eat till I change her diaper.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM

My kids get 3 meals a day and small snacks as they ask for it.

My 4 month old is fed on demand.

My mom kept me on a feeding schedule growing up! Breakfast, dinner, lunch and 2 snacks a day!

ladyvamp5489
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM

My kids have been on a schedule since about a month old. They still are and it works for me and my family. If i let them eat when they SAY they are hungry they would eat 24/7  LOL They are 7, 9 and 14.

Coasties_Girl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM

My 14 month old eats on a schedule.

breakfast at 9:30am

Snack at 11am

lunch at 1pm

Snack at 3 or 4 (depends on when he wakes from his nap)

Dinner at 6pm

Schleetle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:02 PM

With my twins they were NICU babies so they were on a schedule when they came home. With DD I thought she was supposed to be on a schedule too because of bad advice from pedi, and my milk supply dropped. Luckily I got some help, and since about 2 1/2 months old she is fed whenever she's hungry even now that she is on bottles. I just wait for her to tell me she's hungry. Her solid foods are somewhat scheduled as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She will be 10 months old in two days.

Katt709
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Wesley is 15 months. He eats when he's hungry. Coincidentally that's usually at meal times! :)

He eats 3 meals - breakfast (when he gets up), lunch (after morning nap around 12:30) and dinner (after afternoon nap - around 6:30). He also eats snacks when he wants. He'll tell me when he wants something by taking me to the pantry and pointing to whatever it is he wants. 

pandpmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM

my little one is fed on demand but she has made her own schedule 7, 10,2, 4, 8

cancer72283
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM

My oldest was on a schedule by 8 weeks old that he pretty much put himself on. He now continues our schedule of breakfast, lunch and dinner (granted they may not be the same time everyday). My 7 week old is fed on demand for right now. If he doesn't eventually put himself on a schedule then I will work on that when he's a little older.

YzmaRocks
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM
My two year old eats on a loose schedule but my 7 month old breastfeeds on demand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM

My 17 month old eats as she is hungry (and nurses ALMOST as she wants too).  My other 3 are 13, 6, and almost 4.  They follow a basic schedule of meals and snacks but the times are  a bit flexible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)