Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training troubles....HELP!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM
  • 14 Replies
for a few months my daughter was 100% potty trained...now she keeps pooping and wetting herself without even telling us, its very stressful!! what can i do?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM

BUMP!

robibuni
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:49 AM

BUMP!

tyrelsmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:57 AM

It's normal for that to happen for short periods of time, especially when they train young. Though I don't know how young your child is. I know how you feel, and I know it's hard, but the last thing you want to do is stress about it.  Your child will sense it, become stressed herself, and that will make it worse.  It's just pee and poop.  Get the thicker training underwear so that you don't end up with a puddle, and ride it out.  You'll wash lots and lots of underwear and pants, but it will end.

We call it a potty pause.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:03 AM

she was potty trained at 2 1/2, shes now almost 3....so shes not THAT young...she wants to be put in diapers :(

Quoting tyrelsmom:

It's normal for that to happen for short periods of time, especially when they train young. Though I don't know how young your child is. I know how you feel, and I know it's hard, but the last thing you want to do is stress about it.  Your child will sense it, become stressed herself, and that will make it worse.  It's just pee and poop.  Get the thicker training underwear so that you don't end up with a puddle, and ride it out.  You'll wash lots and lots of underwear and pants, but it will end.

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Cloth diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to Select-VAXing!

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Honestly Kelli, Logan does the same thing now and then, even says he's a baby. I think he is just looking for extra attention when he does it. He knows Parker is a baby and gets (needs) a lot of attention and for the most part he is good about it, but every now and then he does something out of character and blames it on being " a baby". I am guessing it's just a phase with yours' too, although I have heard it's not uncommon to revert back to pre-potty training days for a time. Just try to be patient and keep reinforcing how great it is that she goes pee and poop on the potty, and hang in there! ;-)

Quoting K.a.C.87:

she was potty trained at 2 1/2, shes now almost 3....so shes not THAT young...she wants to be put in diapers :(

Quoting tyrelsmom:

AngylTears
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM
My DD did the EXACT Thing when DS2 was born, even has my brothers friends play "baby" were they rock her and such, its slowing down more now that robert is getting older, I just rode it out and told her big girls don't do that and if she kept doing it she wouldn't be a big girl so that means she could do big girl stuff... BTW. She is 4 now and robert is 1

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Honestly Kelli, Logan does the same thing now and then, even says he's a baby. I think he is just looking for extra attention when he does it. He knows Parker is a baby and gets (needs) a lot of attention and for the most part he is good about it, but every now and then he does something out of character and blames it on being " a baby". I am guessing it's just a phase with yours' too, although I have heard it's not uncommon to revert back to pre-potty training days for a time. Just try to be patient and keep reinforcing how great it is that she goes pee and poop on the potty, and hang in there! ;-)

Quoting K.a.C.87:

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:52 AM
You had a baby recently, didn't you? If so, that is a common trigger for a regression. I would not give in to the diapers. But that's just me. At almost 3, I would have her change her own clothes, too. After all, she's not a baby. You still clean her up, but she needs to remove the wet clothes herself, and put the clean ones on herself. Just an idea. Might instill in her the idea of how independent she can be.
la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:11 AM
My dd did the same thing. So I treated her like a baby. Told her she couldn't watch tv play with certain toys eat certain things and she went back. You are right it is super stressful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Sorry don't know what to tell you so here is a bump and gl.

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:11 AM

he is 8 months old. ellie potty trained after he was born. thats a good idea thou about makin her change her own clothes!!!

Quoting tyrelsmom:

You had a baby recently, didn't you? If so, that is a common trigger for a regression. I would not give in to the diapers. But that's just me. At almost 3, I would have her change her own clothes, too. After all, she's not a baby. You still clean her up, but she needs to remove the wet clothes herself, and put the clean ones on herself. Just an idea. Might instill in her the idea of how independent she can be.

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Cloth diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to Select-VAXing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)