• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was wondering....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

Is there anyone else out there that wants to have another child right now...but funds would make it struggle if they did?  Do you ttc and hope for the best or wait until the funds are better?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proud_mommy1212
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I'm waiting another right now, but my hubby wants to wait until he's out of school, and we have a little big more money. But what i don't get is we have the money for him to spend on his game and but we can't save any just in case of an accedent.

chcon
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Not myself, but two of my friends were in this situation (one still is, the other is not sure she wants one anymore because she's close to 40 - of course now that they are back to being able to afford it).  They both chose to wait until funds are better... again one is still waiting... the other isn't sure anymore because of her own age.

BlkWingedAngel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM
I am wanting to TTC in about 2 years because my son is only 6 months old and because lack of funds. Hopefully we can afford it in about two years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybebaby83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM

my first baby was just born 3 weeks ago and already i know i want another one! lol... but we are going to wait about 2 years so one can be out of diapers before another comes along!

JDsWifey
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I'm not sure that I even want another child, but my response whenever my husband or MIL mention another child is "we can't afford the two we already have". Although it is said in humor, it is true that we really don't have the finances that I would want before adding another child.

Logansmom2506
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Thanks ladies!  I think I might ust have the itch because i got preggos both times when my babies were between 10 and 12 months.  I just wish money wasn't an issue.  but I don't want to stuggle just because I want another child.  Seems so selfish

Schleetle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I kind of want another baby sometimes, but it isn't really funds that stop me. We have a son with special needs, and I just don't know if we could handle four children if two were special needs. Of course I love my children the way they are, and if our daughter ends up having any of the same problems we know we are able to handle it with just the 3 of them. With a fourth I just don't know if we would be able to devote the time to each child the way we should. I hope I explained that correctly.

Logansmom2506
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I could understand your concerns.

Quoting Schleetle:

I kind of want another baby sometimes, but it isn't really funds that stop me. We have a son with special needs, and I just don't know if we could handle four children if two were special needs. Of course I love my children the way they are, and if our daughter ends up having any of the same problems we know we are able to handle it with just the 3 of them. With a fourth I just don't know if we would be able to devote the time to each child the way we should. I hope I explained that correctly.

TattooedMomma88
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM
I want another but my baby is only 4 months and I have a almost 4 yr old too! So we are thinking maybe three is it for us :/ money wise and time wise. We want to devote as much time to our children as we can and give them a life we didn't have..so once dd is about 2 we will try again :) I'll be sad knowing that will be my last pregnancy but who knows we may have a 4th but i know I don't wanna be past 30 having kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joci2203
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:45 PM

We weren't trying but we are having our third:)  Finances are not what I am worried about in regards to the kids, it's my sanity I am concerened with:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)