Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FFing bonding?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

So I always hear BFing moms talking about bonding. That BFing is a bonding expierence with their babies that you can't get with FFing. I don't know about any of you FFing moms out there but I feel more bonded with my baby when I FF. I mean, when I tried BFing, it hurt and she was always staring at my chest or arm rather then looking up at me. I like being able to look into her eyes while feeding her and have her focus on me. I like that I can talk to her and see her reactions rather than her staring at a random body part. It's more of a bonding time for me. Not saying BFing moms don't feel bonded, I believe you can bond that way but for me, FFing feels more like bonding for me.

September Babies and Smurfs

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM
I didn't bf and jax and I are very very bonded :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM
As long as you are bonding that's what's important!! I just feel awkward holding a baby and a bottle lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSteph85
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I have done both and the formula feeding bonding was nothing like my breastfeeding one.

Luv.My.Soldier
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM
I BF for a little over a month and then switched to formula. I do still feel bonded with my son when I'm giving him a bottle, but to me, its a different kind of bonding than when BF. Honestly, I regret stopping BF-ing, and that was 4 mths ago. The bonding while BF-ing was so much more to me than it is while holding a bottle. I dunno how to explain it, but it was just more enjoyable. I miss that. next baby I have, I will continue BF-ing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2grls06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:38 PM

What they mean is, when you nurse your brain releases "mothering" hormones and makes you feel calmer and can connect more with your baby. I'm not saying that formula feeding makes you less of a mother by any means, I formula fed my oldest. I can honestly say I feel much more connected with my younger 2, who were/are breastfed than with my oldest.

mommyof2grls06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I'm not sure if you would be interested, but it is possible to start up breastfeeding again. You probably still have milk in there.

Quoting Luv.My.Soldier:

I BF for a little over a month and then switched to formula. I do still feel bonded with my son when I'm giving him a bottle, but to me, its a different kind of bonding than when BF. Honestly, I regret stopping BF-ing, and that was 4 mths ago. The bonding while BF-ing was so much more to me than it is while holding a bottle. I dunno how to explain it, but it was just more enjoyable. I miss that. next baby I have, I will continue BF-ing

A proud Christian, Republican. Supporter of the deportation of ALL illegal immigrants and their anchor babies, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Child Birthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 3 girls and one on the way and wife to my Marine!

Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:41 PM

i agree.. i bonded with my oldest and he was FF but it was like a different kind and in different ways than when i was BF my youngest..but you will bond with ur baby no matter how u feed them and feeding them doesnt mean you are bonding..

Quoting MommaSteph85:

I have done both and the formula feeding bonding was nothing like my breastfeeding one.

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

ohmommamia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM
I believe if you are going to bond with your little angel then you will whether you breast feed or formula feed and I have done both. Neither made me a better mom...I made myself a good mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM

that's great! each mommy & baby have their own style of bonding.

Lesgerm
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM
All three of mine were/are FF and we bonded grear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)