• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in tears...how much longer

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have a baby with severe acid reflux, he's on Zantac 3 times a day, and he's on hypoallergenic formula. He's 5 months old and is in 2nd percentile his weight curve has dropped since he was 2 months. Anyway I'm just exhausted from all the worry. He eats ok every other day now but today was a bad day for him. I'm not sure how much he ate but between 11:30-5:30 he drank an oz but has cried or screamed in between times. I'm just venting, we go back in a week and a half.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM

((((((((hugs)))))))) hope that he gets better.

Schleetle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I'm sorry I hope things better soon for you, and your little guy.

jessie82087
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Aww mama I'm sorry. My sister went through this with her second. She would call people over just to hold him and walk with him because he had been screaming for hours.

I hope it gets better soon!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM

((Hugs))) I hope things get better soon!

sammi_chance07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

"Usually" reflux is worst in the first 6 months, so I hope for your sake and his that he starts to show some dramatic improvement. I know how hard it is to deal with, I was in the same routine with DS1. It was like day and night for him. Shortly after 5 months he just stopped. We weaned him off the Zantac and he did well. We did leave him on the formula through 1, though. It cost a fortune, but I was afraid to change it just in case. Good luck mama!

AllForEvie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Maybe Zantac isn't strong enough for him. My baby does fine on it, but a friend's baby had to be switched to Prilosec, which I guess is stronger. I hope your next appointment yields some answers. I know how tough it is to watch your baby scream and not want to eat. :(

keun28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM
Thanks for all your kind words he's asleep for the moment, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
staciaw
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Hi, I'm sorry you are going throught this. We had the same problem with DS who is now 6 1/2 months old. At 4 weeks we ended up in the hospital with him and he was diagnosed with severe reflux. They gave us some good tips. Always feed baby sitting up and keep him upright for at least 30 minutes after eating, I always had to keep DS upright 24/7. I had to stop breastfeeding and we gave him thickened breastmilk in a bottle. We made his bed so he was almost sitting up and that helped alot. DS was on prevacid and that seemed to work really well. about a month ago I weaned him off of it and he is now doing really well, still has an occaional problem but nothing like in the begining. It will all get better but it just takes time. GL

Honeybun09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

*hugs* I hope he gets better soon. :(

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)