• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccinations

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM
  • 18 Replies

DS goes to get his 4 month shots on Friday. He didn't have any reaction at all to his two month ones but I've been hearing all these stories about how they can cause things and what not. I'm kind of ignorant on the subject. I'm not trying to start a debate, but I would really like some more information. I don't totally understand everything I've found on Google.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
navywife2013
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Bump! My daughter never had any reactions so I can't help you out here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaCory
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

BUMP!

erinsmom1964
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Sorry four kids and all their vaxs and never a reaction so I can't be much help either.  :(

robibuni
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Children CAN have side effects (usually just swelling around the shot site and a slight fever and some irritability). The worst side effects can be seizures, vomiting, death, etc. That being said, most kids won't have reactions like that.

DD is going in next month to get her vaccinations for 18 months and never had any issues. Does your pedi not give you any literature on the vaccinations while you wait? We always got these information sheets all about the shots, what they do, what they're preventing, side effects, etc. See if your pediatrician has anything like that.

Hope some of that helps!

XComsGirl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:33 AM

If your baby has been healthy thus far, you don't really have to worry about a serious reaction. The only worry I have is all of the different vaccines at one time, which is why I space them out. I like to know that if my daughter has a reaction, I will know exactly which one caused it. Your son may have a fever for a day or so, but that is generally going to be the most serious reaction you'll see. 

~Jackie:
Mother of Ariel (8/2009)

"Never complain of that of which it is at all times in your power to rid yourself."

EC-ing Moms and Dads: http://www.cafemom.com/group/110652

DawnDietz777
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM

My only advice is to have them spaced out.  Try not to do a bunch at the same time.   My children's doctor highly recommended the HIB and DTaP.  You can also put it off for a couple more months if that makes you more comfortable.  They can't make you do it right now, even if they try to act like they can.  Just remember you are the mom and you get to make whatever decision you want to make

K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:47 AM

BUMP!

tyrelsmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:27 AM

The main problem is all the nasty ingredients in vaccines. Formaldehyde, heavy metals, aluminum, etc. Literally, you're injecting poison directly into your baby's bloodstream.

Before approx. 2 to 3 years, and especially before 6 months, the blood/brain barrier isn't always completely impermeable. So that allows these, albeit small amounts, of poison to get directly into your child's brain. Then with the ridiculous numbers of vaccines given at once, the possibility of chemical overload is very real.  A reaction may not be evident at first, but it WILL do damage.

mommyjenn84
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:36 AM
My kids have never has issues and ill continue to vax... But hunny youre going to hear a lot of scary stuff on here about this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Also, vaccines suppress the immune system  for approx. 3 months.  So they may be protected against whatever you vaccinated for, but they're more open to anything else going around.  The AAP schedule pretty much leaves babies' immune systems running at less than par for the first 2 years of their life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)