Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH! Why today?!!?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

My pump decided today was the last day it would work :( I have to go out of town this weekend for a hair show (to keep my liscense) and I have no where near enough milk for her pumped yet.  I've been pumping like crazy and now it has to go and die on me! This is the last time I'm ever gonna need it.  I've had it for 5.5 years and it's done very well through my first two. Im so sad I could cry!!!!

Anyone know of a cheap pump that will get me through the weekend?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
navywife2013
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Aw if you were close by I'd give you mine I don't need it anymore. I have the medela swing it was about $100, but I had a manual avent also that worked okay (hurt like heck), but got quite a bit of milk out. That one was cheap.

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM
I have a manual medela I found in the bag but I got an ounce pumping for 5 minutes on one side. Is there a trick to manuals I don't know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carismama
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM

My manual pump cost only 50 dollars and lasted my a year (currently packed away for the next baby.)  It's an Avent Isis.   You can also rent an electric from a hospital.

carismama
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I used a manual pump only (electric scares me) and although it took a few times, I found that COMPLETELY relaxing was the key.  I would pump with one hand and either read a book or surf the net with the other hand, until I got the hang of it.  Good luck!  Also...if you are in a rush, apply light pressure to your breast while you are pumping; it comes out a lot faster.

Quoting mommy2xp:

I have a manual medela I found in the bag but I got an ounce pumping for 5 minutes on one side. Is there a trick to manuals I don't know?

sweetmommyof5
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM

u can go to wic also, they gave me a pump to use before

mommy2xp
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Was it a manual?

Quoting sweetmommyof5:

u can go to wic also, they gave me a pump to use before

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Called to rent one and they don't have a medela in so I'd have to buy the kit for the ameda they have in. The kit is 52 and the pump is 62 a month. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)