Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when can i put the bumpers in her crib?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
my daughter is 6 months old and i am afraid she is gonna get her hands and legs stuck in the slots of the crib. is it safe yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robin1725
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I've always had bumpers in her crib. But then again she didn't sleep in her crib (for naps) until 7 months.....we are just now finally getting her to sleep in there (she has been cosleeping with us) at 10 months.

Mtreen812
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:15 AM
I was always afraid of traditional bumpers, so I never put them in. However I'm pregnant now and bought this baby wonder bumpers ...
They seem alot safer than other bumpers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnDietz777
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM

My babies have slept in their beds since they were six weeks old and I've always used bumbers.  In fact one time I took them off to wash them and my 1 year old son got his leg stuck in the spindles during a nap.  Not a nice way to wake up.  Just make sure they aren't loose, poofy, or anything else.

sammi_chance07
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Now is the time to be removing bumper pads. You should not have any form of bumper pad once baby is able to pull themself up...then can use them to climb. I used a bumper pad in my boys beds from birth until around 5-6 months.

bekfish84
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I have breathable bumpers so I'm not worried about using them.  I will have them in there as soon as she is rolling around.

wright1212
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:26 AM

All bumper pads are putting a baby at risk for SIDS, even those that claim SID safe. http://www.zerotothree.com/ is just one resource of information. I would much rather find my baby stuck with a leg through a slat and screaming than the alternative!

Not that it really matters on my next thing since we all do this differently, but my 12m old has always slept on a mattress on the floor with his door open. We have baby gate up in the hall so he can only go to my room once he gets up and there are no toys in his bedroom-but that is just what works for us.

Bella_Madre
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I think it's fine.  It you're worried you might try weaving the bumper through the bars like in and out, if that makes any sense.  I did it on my LO's crib and he never has problems, and he can't get stuck.  It did leave me with less bumper though- but luckily one side of the crib has a solid "wall" for the changing table that's attached to it. 

babygomez
by April on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:30 AM

There was a bumper pad in my daughters crib since the day she came home from the hospital, all the way up until she was 20 m/o when we bought her a toddler bed Ü

marywilliams
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:34 AM

We used the breathable bumpers for Caroline and will do the same for Samuel.  Right now I don't have any on the crib because he can scoot in his sleep.  I have to find the one I used for Caroline and put it on the crib.

CTRedSoxMom
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Traditional crib bumpers are dangerous and should never be used... but Wonder Bumpers are a good alternative. I use them on my crib and they are worth every penny!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)