• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-Straighteners

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM
  • 29 Replies
Do you straighten your hair? What kind of straightner do you have? Would you recommend it? I need a new one, and I want one that works really good!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XComsGirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM

I don't know what kind of hair you have, but I have two irons. First, I have the maxiglide. It came with an anti-frizz solution that really helps to get your hair straight and shiny. It's a bit bulky and annoying sometimes, though (although I don't think it's ever given me a problem). The second is the sedu. It also works really well. It came with a travel iron which is pretty awesome (although I haven't used the travel one, yet). To be honest, I don't see much of a difference between the two irons. They were both fairly expensive when I bought them. The sedu is sleeker, I guess that's why I use that one more often. It aslo heats up faster.

~Jackie:
Mother of Ariel (8/2009)

"Never complain of that of which it is at all times in your power to rid yourself."

EC-ing Moms and Dads: http://www.cafemom.com/group/110652

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM
I have a chi. It's 100 bucks but well worth the investment. It gets my hair perfectly straight. I have had it for about 4 or 5 years now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM
I don't know what brand I have, but it's one that can be used on wet or dry hair. My hair takes forever to dry with a hair dryer, so that was a must for me. I really like mine and if I could remember what brand it is, I'd recommend it (but alas, it's packed in a box somewhere).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetgrlangel
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM
The InStyler is great! I love it, cuts mt straighting time in half!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheresaC7
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I have a chi. It's 100 bucks but well worth the investment. It gets my hair perfectly straight. I have had it for about 4 or 5 years now.

Same here! My hair is almost to my butt and it takes me about 20 minutes to straighten it with a chi. I have tried MANY straightners, but others took really long to straighten, or my hair would frizz up after a bit. I LOVE my chi!

missjans
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM
I have thick, wavy, and frizzy hair for those wondering!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM
I have a chi. It's awesome. My black friends use them and it works well for their hair type.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I have a Chi also. Expensive but you get what you buy...quality stuff.

I've wanted to try the InStyler but I have no idea if it would work! My SIL has talked about getting one so if she gets it, I'll see how it does!

Shawna510
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Me too, and I love it!!!

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I.S.O., it was about $70 at the mall years ago. I love it but would really love to get a CHI.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)