Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby stretching while breastfeeding

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is 3 weeks old and just recently started stretching and wriggling while breast feeding. I don't think it's that she's uncomfortable because she does it no matter what position she's in. she'll stretch and wiggle and come off the breast. At first I thought she was full when she first did it but she still acts hungry and will cry. Had anyone else had this happen with their baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kamrynlily07
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Maybe she has gas, try burping her and putting her back to the breast.  That's what my son does when he needs to burp.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Yes,absolutely normal!

There was a period of time where my daughter wouldn't nurse without stretching backwards,pulling my nipple with her.Ouch!LOL.

K8wizzo
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Yep.... and it only gets more fum from here.  Wait until the first time she kicks your arm while you're trying to eat and sends the food from your fork flying.  It's funny when it sails across the tab;e and gets Daddy (the food, not the fork), not so funny when it lands in your hair.

moniagee
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 1:58 AM
Yep, same here...with all 5 children.

Quoting MrsApple:

Yes,absolutely normal!

There was a period of time where my daughter wouldn't nurse without stretching backwards,pulling my nipple with her.Ouch!LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 6, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Yes! My little guy does this!

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Mine is 3 weeks tomorrow. She does it all the time. For gas and when she is going the bathroom or if she needs a burp and then back on.

MorganTho
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the replies! She grunts very loud when she does it too so definitely explains the bathroom thing lol. It really hearts when she pulls on my nipples though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN