Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

simple question. i need a simple answer.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM
  • 32 Replies

ok I have a simple question and I need a simple answer. when you put lo down for bed and they start crying for you to stay, what do YOU do? just curious :)

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:50 AM
We sit in the bedroom with my 3 1/2 year old until he falls asleep.
My 7 month old never cries for more than a minute without me returning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:51 AM

if he doesn't need something else i turn his music on and rub his back until he lays down and gets comfy....then i can usually leave without him fussing. if he continues to fuss then i just rub his back (which stops his fussing immediately) until he is asleep. 

mommyjenn84
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM
My girls know bedtime is bedtime and if they are messing around either their door gets shut or they go to bed early the next night (3.5 and 6.5). The door hasnt needed to be shut for awhile now actually. As for my baby, I sing to him while doing the mama bounce and start his bedtime music, he now knows when I do this its sleep time and usually doesnt make more than a whimper. If he starts fussing, I give him 5 mins in there or untill he starts actually crying. if hes just fussing hell usualy go to sleep long before the 5 is up, if hes crying I go in and we start over. And yes I pick him up to comfort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAgirl1214
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:32 AM

I sit in the rocker in his room until he falls asleep then I sneak out like a ninja.

ninja

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
OliviaW.
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:55 AM

DD we either just put in the crib and leave the room or cuddle for a bit and then put her in the crib and leave the room. She normally doesn't fuss unless she is really tired.

DS he's in the bedroom with us so normally I pick him up and rock him and feed him. If he fusses I wait to see if he's going to fall asleep if not it's back to the rocker.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:58 AM

I stay. I lay down with her until she falls asleep.

samellis09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM

I shut the door and turn the light off. We have always used the cry it out method. He eventually goes to sleep after about 2-5 mins. 

mysteriousdaze
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM

For my almost 9 month old, I talk to her in a soothing voice, rub her belly for a few minutes and give her a paci for the night. Usually calms her right now. If it lasts longer than 20 minutes (with me repeating earlier process every couple of minutes, i pick her up and put her to sleep on my lap. 

For my 2 year old, I leave the room because 99 percent of the time, he wants to be alone and stops in less than 10 minutes and falls asleep.

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:15 AM

Never been in that situation. I have a Family Bed and when it is bedtime my baby and I nurse and fall asleep simultaneously. Very sweet, peaceful, and no cry-it-out ever! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Ayoli-Svnoyi
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:36 AM

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Never been in that situation. I have a Family Bed and when it is bedtime my baby and I nurse and fall asleep simultaneously. Very sweet, peaceful, and no cry-it-out ever! 

^WSS

Although I don't fall asleep when L does. I usually sneak out of bed to continue doing what I was doing.

When she goes down for a nap though (which is the only time she sleeps in her cribs) I rock her in our big comfy rocking chair and then go put her down.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Early mc 21.11.08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)