Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BABY SIGN LANGUAGE piog

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have a few Q? about this topic...

First, is there a difference between baby sign language and conventional sign language?  I mean, are the signs the same or is baby sign language different?  If it is different , wouldn't it be best if I just started to teach my DD the conventional sign language, rather than teaching her a sign language that she would not be able to use when she gets older?  Or maybe its harder to learn and teach the conventional sign language?

Also, does anyone know of any great learning resources out there on sign language or baby signing?   Maybe video, books ECT....

What are your thoughts?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:36 AM

BUMP!

orange4agua72
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I'd just up some videos about it on you tube. I'm sure there are TONS!

Mom71307
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I do sign language with my kids.  Well, did before talking.  My son is 14 months and doing great with it.  I use regular ASL signs.  I googled ASL signs and got a site that has video presentation of individual signs adn all you do is click the word and it shows the sign.  FREE!!!!!  I have heard good things about the Baby Einstein signs thing though.

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Great idea!  Thanks!

Quoting orange4agua72:

I'd just up some videos about it on you tube. I'm sure there are TONS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and thought it might just benefit her more if I just went ahead and taught her the regular sings.  IDK why they have a different sign language for babies.  Maybe because they thought it would be harder to learn?  I think I am going to try the ASL first and see how it turns out.  I think it would benefit her int he long run.  Kind of like learning a new language.  Thanks for the info.

Quoting Mom71307:

I do sign language with my kids.  Well, did before talking.  My son is 14 months and doing great with it.  I use regular ASL signs.  I googled ASL signs and got a site that has video presentation of individual signs adn all you do is click the word and it shows the sign.  FREE!!!!!  I have heard good things about the Baby Einstein signs thing though.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)