Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Difference between 1st stage baby food and 2nd stage......

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:57 AM
  • 8 Replies

Do you know? Funny thing is this my 5th child and I don't know. I kinda feel stupid for not knowing is it a different texture or just more of it. I know why third stage is different.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrspreggers14
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I think its chunkier.. 

Schleetle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM

The portion is larger, and there are "mixes" of more than one food. Like turkey with carrots, or Apples with banana. They don't get chunky (that I know of) until stage 3 which my baby hated.

loverbugsmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM
I dont use baby food, so no idea. Heres a bump though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM

No clue.  I made ds' baby food and went straight to real food with dd

sweet_bumblbee
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Schleetle:

The portion is larger, and there are "mixes" of more than one food. Like turkey with carrots, or Apples with banana. They don't get chunky (that I know of) until stage 3 which my baby hated.

When do you start giving 2nd stage I know he wont eat it all but I split the jar between feedings anyways. My son will be 5 months soon.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM
The ones I have used were a little thicker and bigger portions. Still no chunks. And you can find mixes. I have added baby cereal to my stage ones to thicken them up until they were like stage twos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambereno144
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM

They mix the baby food. Stage 1 is single ingredient foods. Stage 2 has 2 or 3 ingredients. They are a little chunkier too.

Schleetle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I'd wait until he has done good with all the single variety stage 1 foods, and when you think his belly can handle some more variety give it a go. I think my daughter was about 7 months, but she didn't start stage 1 until 6 months. I only tried stage 3 once which was a waste so I switched to baby friendly table foods around 9 months.

Quoting sweet_bumblbee:

Quoting Schleetle:

When do you start giving 2nd stage I know he wont eat it all but I split the jar between feedings anyways. My son will be 5 months soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)