Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where does your money go?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

not just specifically for babies, but do you spend money on makeup or just things for you?

personally, i get WIC, and my mom gets foodstamps..so my money goes to diapers, and wipes..im set on clothes until hes like a year old.

i dont spend money on myself:( lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamabens
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

We buy food, meds for DH, soap, shampoo, those kinds of things, tp & a few other neceesities.  We don't buy diapers or wipes & I only wear  makeup once or twice a year so I don't buy that. Now & then I dspend money on myself but I can usually find something the money is better suited for.

MotherRachelle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Other than the kids stuff (diapers, clothes, wipes, pull ups, etc.) our money goes to laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash, hand soap, lotion, make-up (rarely I buy new foundation, mascara, and maybe once a year I get some other stuff like blush, lip color, etc.), my fiance's medication, toothpaste, toilet paper, tooth brushes, rarely we buy clothes (usually only if stuff wears out like undies, socks, etc.), and food. That's just about it :-).

ambermario4ever
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

rent, monthly bills, gas, food, household necessities, clothes and shoes for the kids and hubby. i only buy myself something when i absolutely have to 

ErinHill226
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I usually spend between $200-$350 per two weeks of groceries (which includes toilet paper, shampoo, soap, baby wash, hubby's body wash, makeup, cleaners, and other household necessities As well as items like diapers, wipes, formula, gas drops, teething gel, baby food, etc..), new cups for dd becase she chews on them, clothes every few months, eye drops for dh, water, power, Internet/phone, satellite, gas for the car, dog food, car insurance, cell phone, home owners insurance, medication, doctor's every six months, I buy a lot of books for myself, clothes for me and dh, eating out, lots of Dunkin Donuts coffee, and dh generally gets a few odds and ends at the store for building stuff and piddling around.

ErinHill226
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Oh, and I've been adding money to savings lately too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)