Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urgent Care.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm planning on taking DS to the urgent care clinc today, for his HORRIBLE cough [last night he vomited really bad and had diarreha]. I had never actually heard of Urgent Care till a CM suggested it to me. So I google it, and find a good one not too far from here. Now my question is, what does urgent care actually consist of? I've tried googling that query and getting no where. I figured there were CM's that would know 1st hand and could actually tell me...TIA ladies.

-:- Tanyia && Steven -:- 2.27.O8

in love

. . . Mommy && Daddy to . . .

Kailynn Aniyah 1.3O.O9 && Cameron Elijah 12.28.O9

toddler girl                   baby boy

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
grapejelly
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

its a step btween doctors office & ER.

the often have xrays and such available, more than a doctors officenwould but less than an ER. 

alandou
by April on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

we never had to go but I would think its just like if you went to the ER except for non life threatening situations. walk in, register,wait, see a doc, discharged unless further treatment is needed.

SoniaL
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM

When my second DD was 6 months we took her to a Children's urgent care because she fell and hit her head pretty hard and had big squishy lump. They checked her out and did xrays. She had a skull fracture so they sent us to the children's ER for a CT Scan.

NyiaBaby216
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hmm, so my question is: Do you think I should take him? Hes been coughing really bad now...for more than a week. His appetite has been less than par, hes vomited twice in a 1 wk period, and at the beginning of the week he was having on & off low grade fevers (highest was 103 and we went to the ER) for 3 days. He hasnt had a fever lately so thats a relief. But I'm wondering, is a cough worth it? I mean hes been having long "cough attacks" lasting nearly a minute at a time. He coughs so long and hard that his cry wont come out till hes completely done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)