Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby not eating well

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 5 month old is wanting to eat cereal almost exclusively. I can usually get one bottle down daily but he is fighting me the whole time with that. I don't think it is a good idea for him just to eat cereal or the other baby food he has tried. Any idea of how to get him to take his bottle.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I would stop the baby food and only offer baby a bottle.

Bren07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM

stop all cereal or other foods. babies main nutrition until they are 12months should b formula or breast milk. anything else is just for practice..im not sure how to get him to take the bottle, maybe a new nipple?..otherwise u should stop the solids till he starts to take his bottles like he needs..

stevi3905
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Ok. Tried to cut out the cereal and as he does when I don't buy his brand and kind of formula (or if I buy powdered instead of premix, he does the same thing), he refused to eat period. I have a two and three year old that never did this. He would just scream at me and put his head to the side. With the nipples, we have tried different nipples and with anything other than the slow 0-3 month nipples, he doesn't do well at all. He does not want anything to do with that bottle and I have tried for 6 hours to get him to eat it. He has to be hungry and I can't just let him not eat like this.

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Sorry I wish I knew. When my daughter was 8 months, she wouldn't consume more than 16 oz., which for her, was only two bottles.

Pregnancy Ticker

ferguson81
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM

It may be that he's teething and it hurts to suck.  My son refused his beloved binky at that age due that.  But you should probably take him to the doc just to have him checked out!

jenicide
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I would only offer him a small amount of cereal once or twice a day if he is hungry he will take the bottle.

K8wizzo
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM

He may have an ear infection.  That was my older son's only symptom.  Go get him checked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)