Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Belly sleeping newborn...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM
  • 31 Replies

Any moms out there let their baby sleep on their belly? I tried swaddling on the back and side- but NOPE- my Ty does not like sleeping any way but on his belly. I have read about SIDS and understand that this is considered a risk- but i know my mom and my MIL had all of their kids sleep on the belly...he sleeps great- and seems happy. I know he is strong enough to hold his head up- and we dont leave anything in the crib with him...am i horrible?>

by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soon2bemama2008
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM
My daughter is 13 weeks and had been a belly sleeper since she was 3 weeks old! I was nervous at first but not anymore. (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_ferfer
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:27 PM
i slept on mine. my siblings my Hubby his siblings and my kids. i posted something like this when my son was a new born and got bashed like crazy cuz i put my son at risk!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leftoversrgood
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:30 PM

this is going to turn ugly.. but my son slept on his tummy, he was sleeping on my chest though and co sleeping, he had horrible colic and reflux.

He would only sleep on me for the first  3 months.

Aranna
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My first would not sleep unless she was on her belly,, if we put her on her back she would be screaming in mins. My youngest on the other had, she didn't care, could have hung her upside down and she wouldn't have woke up lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljgmom2009
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:37 PM
My son didn't like to sleep any other way...I just made sure his head was turned to the side so his face wasn't smushed in the mattress...only do what you feel comfortable doing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerods_Wifey18
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:38 PM
No, You're not horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetthin
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:39 PM

thats the only way my lil man will sleep....i jus check on him often.....n he can hold up his head

marriedmomma3
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM
The "perfect parents" are going to have a hay day, but all of my kids were / are belly sleepers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bannannagirl
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM
My sister-in-law is pregnant with her 9th kid and all of her kids slept on their bellies and turned out fine. I'm scared to death of SIDS though so my son was always on his back. Heck I'm so scared of it, I still wake up at night and check to make sure he is breathing and he is almost 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Not horrible at all but I really don't know what to say, all my children were happy on their back or side

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN