Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
  • 61 Replies

Do you ever wish you could just go to work sometimes just so you had time to youself?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

nope :)

FordMama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM

No not really.  I'd like to have a vacation though!

rHOPEb
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

NOPE!!!!!

Hisservent
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

nah. That's why I go grocery shopping on Monday nights and leave the kids home with hubs. I do childcare in my home and I do have Tuesdays off. Just worked out that way because all my kids are part time. I use to go to the store on Tuesdays, but it takes twice as long with 2 kids and it runs into nap time or feeding time for my daughter so Id rather just go at night by myself. Gives me time to myself and I can either take my time and not have to worry about the kids getting fussy OR I can go as fast as I'd like because I don't have to keep fussing at my son for wondering off lol. Sometimes I go shopping on Saturdays for other stuff and leave the kids home.

Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin,  schedule stickin to, organic servin and eatin, as Green as I can get, SAHM of 2 and in~home childcare provider.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

gemini2678
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM

i totally feel you!!  i stayed home for the first 6 months with my daughter, then went back to work.  then lost my job 1 1/2 years ago and have been a sahm ever since.  although i love spending time with her, sometimes i miss working - she wasn't constantly attached to my hip at work hahaha.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

OMFG YES I DO!  I'm a Sahm and have been since 2007, and I am SO tired of being at home.  I miss the drives home without the kids.....and going to work without the kids.  I just miss any type of alone time.  I haven't had any since I quit my job. 

Honeybun09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Can't answer. I'm not a SAHM until the 15th. :(

JOIN ME IN THE BABIES GROUP!

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Nope! I felt like I needed to get out of the house, so I started working about 8 hours a week (four 2 hour shifts) after my kids were in bed, but the novelty wore off after a few months lol. That was 3 years ago and I haven't felt that way since.

cadlecr4
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Ive been on maternity leave for 5 weeks now and my c section isnt until Friday and yes i miss working.  I only work 2 evenings a week  either 4 or 5 hrs a night. It gets me out of the house and it helps give us a lil extra cash.

mommyziegler
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM

sometimes i do but usually to get a break at night so i'm happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)