Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY SON 6 MONTH OLD AND ONLY 13 POUNDS

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM
  • 59 Replies

MY SON  WEIGHS 13 POUNDS AND HIS DR SAYS HE SHOULD WEIGH MORE JUST START SOLIDS IM WORIED

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
What was his birth weight? And are you breast or formula feeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahowen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

BREAST ONLY HE WEIGHT 6LBS 9OZ

Yagoda
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 PM

wow, he is so light. maybe you should start introducing solids like his dr says?eating

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Well he's pretty much doubled his birth weight so I wouldn't worry. Meeting milestones okay? Having 6+ wet/dirty diapers per day? If so, he's just a little guy! It's fine to start solids at 6 months if you want to and if the baby is ready for them, but be sure to nurse fully before offering any solids and offer solids as dessert, they don't replace any nursing.

OutlawMUA
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
There's no need for solids. If he is having enough diapers, he is fine. There's nothing wrong with being petite! Doctors and parents are so fast to push unnecessary solids these days. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin2407
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
My friend has a 22lbs 22month old and her docs weren't concerned. Meeting all milestones and everything. As long as he's up to par with everything else I wouldn't be overly concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:11 AM

that sounds around normal weight for a breastfed baby to me....my ds was about the same size when he was 6 months....i don't think there is anything to worry about as long as he isn't losing weight and is meeting milestones everything is fine.

peaches_04
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:23 AM

dd 7months 13 lb 9oz and perfectly healthy...as long as they grow from their last visit they are just fine

sweetktn
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:26 AM

My bro's ex had 2 little girls they were 5 and 3, the 3 yr old was only 16 lbs, the first time I picked her up I practically threw her in the air she was so light. (My son was 1 1/2 and 27 lbs) I think the 5 yr old was around 30 lbs. They were little girls, ate like teenage boys lol were just very tiny. If he is having enough diapers and is healthy I wouldn't worry. I have linebackers for boys so I'm not sure if that's much help. You can also get another opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)