Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help from my fellow mamas!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hannah is 3 months old (14 weeks) and she wont go to sleep till between 10pm and 12am at night and it's really taking a toll on hubby and I because we can't go to bed at the same time. How can I get Hannah to go to sleep earlier and stay asleep for a while? We have no routine and she kind has her own schedule. She eating between 9 and 10 and than goes to sleep between 10 and 12. She's formula feed too. Any tips or tricks will be great! Thanks in Advance.

**Please no lucturing! I'm just looking for some advise!**

I'm a 22 Year Old, Disposable Diaper, Scented Wipe Using, Formula Feeding, Early Solid Feeding, Spanking, Cry It Out, Non-Co-Sleeping, Vaccinating, Ear Piercing, Pro-Life, Only Rear Face till 1yr and 20lbs, Stay At Home Mommy to 2 Amazingly Gorgeous Little Girls: Allison Michelle (07-26-08) && Hannah Grace (10-30-10) and the Wife To My High School Sweetheart: Josh (02-09-06; Married 11-07-08)!!!
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sweetc2324
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I could use some advice to.. my daughter is 10 weeks old and doesn't go to sleep until 10pm and 2 am.. and gets up between 9 am and 11am.. it is taking a toll on me to.. my hubby works nights so he isnt' here.. I mean she just started this so i don't know what to think.. let me know if you find anything that works..

Kenre
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM
To change a schedule you have to work at it. Feed her fifteen minutes earlier for three days, then again change it another fifteen minutes for three days. Repeat until you have the schedule you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Ladybug
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I usually have my 4 month old in bed around 9, and she sleeps until 7am.  It is gradual.  Slowly start the bedtime routine earlier by 30 min.  Dont let her nap past 6ish if possible.

soon2bemama2008
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Howd you get her sleeping thru the night? Do you have a specific routine that you use that you would share?

Quoting Mom2Ladybug:

I usually have my 4 month old in bed around 9, and she sleeps until 7am.  It is gradual.  Slowly start the bedtime routine earlier by 30 min.  Dont let her nap past 6ish if possible.

I'm a 22 Year Old, Disposable Diaper, Scented Wipe Using, Formula Feeding, Early Solid Feeding, Spanking, Cry It Out, Non-Co-Sleeping, Vaccinating, Ear Piercing, Pro-Life, Only Rear Face till 1yr and 20lbs, Stay At Home Mommy to 2 Amazingly Gorgeous Little Girls: Allison Michelle (07-26-08) && Hannah Grace (10-30-10) and the Wife To My High School Sweetheart: Josh (02-09-06; Married 11-07-08)!!!
JoeyJrsMomma
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:41 AM

The routine we did with DS was bathe him, change him for bed, feed him to top him off so he goes down with a full belly, even if it's just half an ounce, whatever makes him full, read him his story and put him to bed. We do that every night and to change his times, we just moved back the time we started that routine until we got him to the time we wanted him to go to bed. If you're looking for some good examples of routines, here's a great resourse:

http://www.babycenter.com/303_creating-your-babys-routine_3658348.bc

http://www.babycenter.com/303_baby-sleep-feeding-schedules_3657004.bc

grapejelly
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)