Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk walking

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

is your LO walking?

when did your LO start?

Did they crawl first? how long after crawling came their first step?

did you see the first step? or realize it after they got across the room? haha

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM

My daughter was 11 months for independent steps and 14 months for full on walking.

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

NursyLori
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:16 AM

is your LO walking?  Yes

when did your LO start?  12 months

Did they crawl first? how long after crawling came their first step?  Yes.  About 4 months after crawling.

did you see the first step? or realize it after they got across the room? haha  We saw the first attempts and the first successful steps.

joci2203
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM

My youngest was walking at 8 months, ahh!  He crawled, but not very long!

PrissyKrissy05
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:32 AM
all three of my girls crawled first at 6 months. They took their first steps at 9 months. I got to see them all take their first steps :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Not really, she's taken a couple steps, but prefers to crawl

She does an odd half walk/crawl thing... Looks like a sliding marriage proposal. lol

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Helena crawled first,at 6 months,and then started cruising at 8 months and took her first solo steps at 9 months.I didn't actually see the FIRST step because I was looking away but I got to see her before she stopped.

Vix920
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Victor started crawling around 6 1/2 months. At almost 9 months, he took his first independent steps. 3 weeks ago, he started walking "officially". He is 10 1/2 months old.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:33 PM
LOL

Quoting Schleetle:

Not really, she's taken a couple steps, but prefers to crawl

She does an odd half walk/crawl thing... Looks like a sliding marriage proposal. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Our son started walking at almost 19 months... about a week after being discharged from the hospital following his lung surgery. He had started to walk about a week before the surgery, but his oxygen levels weren't able to keep up with him being so active, so it was more just a step here and there. A week after being home after though... and he took off!

He never crawled. He scooted on his rear end using his arms (upper body) to swing him where he needed to go. He started scooting at about a year old.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

Denisia1989
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM

She walks kinda.  Shes been crawling since shes been abt  6 months n shes taking more steps by herself everyday. I saw her take her first step. She still perfers to crawl mostly.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)