Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby food?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

I know some of you will say not to intruduce baby food ever, but that's not the answer I am looking for.  I also know to start with the yucky stuff first and single foods for a few days before trying new ones.  My question is when do you do this?  And how much at a feeding and how often?  Thanks!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I fed my daughter baby food once a day on baby food at 5 months and then progressed 3 times a day until she was ready for more adult food.

Shluna105
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I think I started with the Dryed Yogurt Melts, but that I think was pretty much it, along with other snack stuff. She, my daughter, never really ate the other baby food. I wish I could remember when I introduced them to her.. 

teenmomoftwins4
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:21 PM
I fed my twins 1 jar of baby food and didnt change foods for a week. Started with veggies and then fruit and then at 6 months started meats. Now they are almost 7 months and i do a little of everything and 2-3 times a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyajay
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:24 PM
Your not supposed to start till 6 months and. Then I fed. The veggie we ate at dinner so purred carrots or something. Ha first food was acacado. Every othe day for a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyajay
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Don't start with yucky stuff tho who would want to eat purred watery peas out of a jar. Puree whatever you eat and give it flavor! It just needs to be purred not watery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyajay
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Don't start with yucky stuff tho who would want to eat purred watery peas out of a jar. Puree whatever you eat and give it flavor! It just needs to be purred not watery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chadsmom05
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
around 6 months, about 1/2 a jar along w 4 oz of formula after. lunch and or dinner until theyre around 8 months then every meal and of course increase amount lol:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:04 PM

This is a good response.  At either your 4 or 6 month well baby check up your doctor should give you this information, and if they don't, you should ask.  Most will have a feeding chart to give you that outlines, what you can give them and how much they should be eating each month.  I started out with a tablespoon full once or twice a day.

You don't have to start with the yucky stuff, that is just silly that people say that.  We did quite a variety with my daugher, fruits and veggies (all homemade), and she is a great eater now.

Quoting chadsmom05:

around 6 months, about 1/2 a jar along w 4 oz of formula after. lunch and or dinner until theyre around 8 months then every meal and of course increase amount lol:)

BABY FOOD   COOKING FOR   KIDS HEALTH       PICKY
  BASICS        TODDLERS        CENTER           EATERS   

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I agree with this, although no purees here.

Our kids start solids once they can pick food up and feed themselves :)

My 6.5 month old is still exclusively breastfed. When they feed themselves, they control how much they get.

We offer little snacks in between meals, and they sit down with us at the table for breakfast, lunch and supper.

Quoting mommyajay:

OutlawMUA
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM
This. Mine were 8/10 months.
And they get breastmilk first, food after. Fill up on the good stuff before playing/sampling solids.

Quoting Randi02:

I agree with this, although no purees here.

Our kids start solids once they can pick food up and feed themselves :)

My 6.5 month old is still exclusively breastfed. When they feed themselves, they control how much they get.

We offer little snacks in between meals, and they sit down with us at the table for breakfast, lunch and supper.

Quoting mommyajay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)