Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

planning meals

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

do you plan meals out for the week?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM

no lol

ladyvamp5489
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I do it for the month. I make a menu then make my grocery list and that way i can budget my FS for the whole month.

Schleetle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I write down meals for about 12 days, and go the grocery getting what I need to make each one. I don't set the days when we will eat them.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:19 PM

That's how I do it.I never have set days for each meal but I always plan what I'm going to be making within that 1-2 wk period.It makes grocery shopping  a whole lot easier.

Quoting Schleetle:

I write down meals for about 12 days, and go the grocery getting what I need to make each one. I don't set the days when we will eat them.

Melissa0741
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM
I always wanted to do this but.....I never do lol. I don't know why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joci2203
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Kind of, I buy the food for the meals we like, but I don't plan on the actual day we will have them.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Yes I do and sometimes for two weeks.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

This 

Quoting Schleetle:

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 3:28 AM

well i get ideas based on what we have in the refrigerator or pantry and see what people are interested in.  I prefer to do red meat every two meals--so like chicken then pork then beef.  I kinda need meat in at least one meal.

theresaphilly
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 5:42 AM

I plan my meals out for the entire month. The last Saturday of the month. I look through all my  food magazines (3) and plan my menus then. On Sunday I will go shopping and will make as many meals as I can, let them cool and freeze.  I learned this from Kate Gosselin, when you have a large family you need to plan well in ahead.

lunchbag toddler girl twin boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)