Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help chewing on margarita

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son,Treyton , is three months old. He loves his binkbink (binky). But he will spit it out Co take it out of his mouth and chew on his hand. When I bat away one hand the other goes into his mouth. His shirt and every thing ends up wet and soaked. Its gross. Or he will chew and suck on his stuffed animal lovebug, margarita. How do I keep him from doing this??????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:28 PM

I'm not sure. I would just give him back the paci, or redirect his attention. He may be teething also so maybe something to soothe his teething pains, or teething rings.

Jessy613
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Maybe try giving him some teething rings. I'm not really sure, here's a bump.

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM
I know it's early, but he might be teething. If that's the case, you're just going to have to get used to it. Maybe try keeping a bib on him at all times, so at least his clothes stay dry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TreysMum
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Ok thankyou ladies im gonna see if he's teething I have teethers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joci2203
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

He is probably teething.

SoniaL
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I don't understand why you want to stop him from mouthing his hands and other things (toys, clothes). This is very normal behavior.  Babies explore w/ their mouths. No need to stop him.

TreysMum
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:00 PM
I don't want him to end up sucking on his thumb or fingers and that will get hard to break. With a Binky its find cuz I can take that from him eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM

There are pros and cons to binies and thumb/finger sucking. But I just let my babies do what they prefer. 

K8wizzo
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM

He's learning about the world by mouthing... it's a normal, IMPORTANT, developmental stage.  Just because he's mouthing hands/animals/shirt, it doesn't mean that he will be a thumb sucker.  My kids never sucked pacis or thumbs, but they explored their worlds with their mouths.  I never had any bad habits to break with regards to sucking, but we have had others to work on.  It's part of parenting.

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:32 AM

he is teething, so why stop him from relieveing his pain???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)