Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleepover while delivering

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok, so i have a 4 year old, and an almost 2 year old, they will be spending atleast 1 night at my inlaws while i deliver. They've kind of spent nights away from home, but they havent been very successful. Does any one have any tips to make things go smoothly, so my inlaws dont kill my children, or go crazy trying to make things work? ( disclaimer: they won't actually kill them). We are sending as much from home as possible, blankets, pillows, cups, and favorite toys, along with a few movies. They have plenty of other toys there, a few animals, but we wont be sending our animals.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM

a picture of mommy & daddy?

adair87
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM

should i send ultrasound pics to?

PrissyKrissy05
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:15 AM
why not have the inlaws stay at your house?
When I was in the hospital with my twins, my MIL stayed at my house one night with my oldest, then the next night they stayed at her house.. they watched movies until my oldest fell asleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Anyway your inlaws could just stay at your house? We had my mom come stay with DS when DD was born. It just makes more sense to me to keep the child in familiar surroundings, considering their whole world is changing during that time.

MamaRayRay1987
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM

See if they can stay at your place?? I think that would make things alot easier on the kids. If not then I'm not sure exactly.....Maybe get one of those recording books and have you and your hubby recorde a book in your voices so they can listen to that when they go to bed maybe that will help??

adair87
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I'd like them to be able to spend the night/nights, but it's a lil inconvenient. Grammy still works, and pappi doesn't get around real well after a little while of playing. Their uncles will be there ( they still live at home) but it would be pretty uncomfortable for all of them to try to stay here. My dad stayed here when our 2nd was born, and I wish we could do that again, but timing isn't working quite as nice this time around.

oxley12
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM

My parents stayed at our house with my older daughter while I was in the hospital having baby #2.  But, also in the evenings my husband would go home and be with the older one (*play, do bath and bed time routine and he would stay at home all night so he could be there in the morning when she got up to get her ready for the day and get her breakfast*)  He would bring her to the hospital to see me and the baby first thing.  And my parents would bring her back to see us again right before she had to get ready for bed. Hopefully it goes easy for you guys!! Good luck with everything

joci2203
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Not sure, I have never had this issue, but here is a bump!

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Can your kids spend a few nights at your in-laws' before baby arrives so that they adjust to it?

We are having DD spend the night at grandma's once every couple of weeks so that she adjusts to the idea way before baby is due so that she isn't just thrown into it at once. I am not due until July but we have already started having her stay over there every couple of weeks. We will have to play it by ear when the time comes but if it doesn't work at my mom's for whatever reason then she or my sister will stay here at our house with DD while we are in the hospital with the baby...

mrspreggers14
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)