Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastmilk production

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

So, I have a 5 mos old and I have been strictly breastfeeding and pumping every day for work. I had a crappy older medela double electric pump and I could usually pump 5oz on each boob every morning with no prob and then i would pump when i feed my LO throughout the day. Well, I got a nice new Medela pump a few weeks ago and I dont know if its just coincidental but it seems like I can't pump much milk any more. I'm worried that my production is decreasing. My boobs don't even feel that full in the mornings any more, not like they used to. I eat pretty healthy and I'm trying to make sure I get extra calories. Some days I don't eat much because I'm sleeping in after working all night, but I try and make up for it on my off days. What do you ladies think?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Schleetle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:34 AM
I think it could be your body not responding as well to the new pump. If you haven't already I'd also ask in the breastfeeding moms group they may be able to help figure it out.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/325
shellie830
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:36 AM

I would make sure the new pump isn't one of the recalled ones for the suction not being great... Try some fenugreek or milkmaid tea in the meantime. Good luck!

firstimer9510
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Quoting Schleetle:

I think it could be your body not responding as well to the new pump. If you haven't already I'd also ask in the breastfeeding moms group they may be able to help figure it out.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/325

Thanks! I'll give that a try

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)