Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies and pets

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM
  • 8 Replies
How are your pets with your babies? And vice versa?

My cat, Frank, has suddenly taken a shine to my 6 month old...he LOVES her. I'm not sure why...now that she's crawling, she beats him up. The other day she scooted over to him, grabbed his ear and wrestled him to the ground...and he loved it. Ha ha. (I don't let them play unsupervised...she was just too quick for me that time). He sits outside her bedroom door and cries when she's napping, and when I go in to get her he follows me and peeks in the crib at her. It's so odd. This morning she woke up and was fussing, and he ran to her door and was trying to push it open, almost like "I'll get her!".

Anyone else have babies and pets who are bff?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
k.oder
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Our cat, Brando, and my DD get along well most of the time.  DD enjoys laying on him and snuggling him, but also enjoys pulling his tail, which he doesn't care much for.  He is good though........when he gets tired of it, he walks away and hides......

reithegenki
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM
My cats all love my son (4 months) but our big fat orange tomcat Loki adores him! They are inseparable. We co-sleep and Loki is always on the foot of the bed (he knows not to sleep near the baby) which he didn't do before. When he's awake playing he snuggles him (supervised) and let's him pull his ears and fur and kick him like crazy. My son will just stare at Loki and squeal. They are so cute! They are always together. I am teaching my son to pet nice - and he is really good with it already. He usually starts out grabbing fur but then I just take his hand off Loki and I continue petting Loki gently and tell him to pet him nice and then he does for the rest of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM

We dont have pets. My mil has a dog and that dog LOVES the girls. We get there and she runs around and waits by their feet for them to pet her, after we leave she's searching all over the house for them.

Schleetle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM
That sounds cute! My dog just lays there when the baby climbs on him, he's a big boy great Dane/lab. We got him from the shelter so maybe he was around babies at his previous home. When my sons were toddlers my husband got me the cutest and craziest kitty ever... He used to hide behind things, and attach to our legs. Lol he would sneak into the boys room, and sleep with them during nap time. I had a monitor on, and they were about 2 at the time
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM

My dog loves my kids. He is always watching over them and barks if they go near the front door!

JamieLauren
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Quoting Schleetle:

he would sneak into the boys room, and sleep with them during nap time. I had a monitor on, and they were about 2 at the time

Frank will do that too, I've caught him in there curled up on her feet or snuggled up next to her. It's not that big a deal now that she's bigger and can roll and crawl, if she was really tiny I probably would have flipped. It's cute, though, he lays there purring, and she's snoring....no clue he's even there

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
jasonsmommy05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Our kids and pets love each other.. we have 3 dogs and a cat in the house and a dog outside! Never had a problem!

Renee02
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM

All good both ways..I thought my kids to be animal friendly, etc..And I also teach my animals the same with kids, well as far as u can anyways LOL..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)