Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Few Weeks

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

What were the first few weeks of life with baby like?

Mod of Babies and May 2010 Babies Click to join!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:44 AM

The best!!! I often think about it & wish i could relive those moments again :(

jlm2676
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM
With dd it was horrible. The first 2 weeks of her life I had ppd and was scared I was going to kill her by not doing anything right.
With ds it was ok but I got sick on top of not feeling good because of my bladder being all messed up from delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom32510
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM
I had a csection so it was a little difficult but it was great. DH only took a week off too so I was by myself the rest of the time and it wasnt A's difficult as I was imagining.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Very Delightful. I adored Mason from the start.

jasonsmommy05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM

a little rocky and very sleep deprived.

paaepae
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Horrible insanity. Dannick was in the NICU for the first 8 days. Worst time of my life.

After he came home, DH got off work for 2 wks. It was nice. I loved it. Those were the best 2 wks, bonding as a family. 

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:49 PM

With my first, I was really depressed because of how the delivery went but also so happy to finally have my baby!!!

With my second, it was a blur, the first few weeks he cried a lot and slept very little! Finally he hit 5 or 6 weeks and started sleeping through the night! It was crazy!

With my third, it was just wonderful! I had 2 older kids who were so excited to have the baby home and they were trying so hard to be helpful. He was such an easy baby that everything fell into place.

RubyPlusOne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM

It has been amazing in spite of waking up every hour to feed her, freaking out when everyone is dropping by unannounced and the soreness. She actually very calm so far. I really feel blessed.

CafeMom Tickers
faeryfrog
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Hard. I was in so much pain, breastfeeding was harder then I thought, and I was exhausted. But she was a very calm, sweet, and cuddly baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Bad :(

Esmeralda was in the hospital before she was two weeks old because she had dropped to under 6 pounds even though she was a 40 week baby. She kept crying and crying and crying and wouldn't eat. We took her into her doctor but he noted the weight loss and sent us to the ER. They did a spinal tap which showed she had too many white blood cells which indicated meningitis or another infection, so she ended up in the hospital for 5 days hooked to monitors and IVs for antibiotics and fluids since she refused to eat. She had to undergo a lot of tests. They took blood from a vein on the top of her head and also strapped her down to give her a CAT scan. They almost had to sedate her because she wouldn't calm down for them to do the scan.

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)