Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ughhhh getting ready to start 11 mo old in crib!! ADVICE needed!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM
  • 21 Replies
Our 11 month old won't stay in crib for longer than 30 minutes!!! I wouldn't mind co-sleeping but he is a very big boy and literally beats me and DH up in the bed lol!!! SO we are going to try CIO!!! Can u share your methods and what worked and also if there is a certain crib thing (a mobile or musical lights or whatever) that helped soothe your baby???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellasmom32510
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM
What have you tried? DD still uses a sleep positioned because she needs to feel the closeness and doesn't like all the room she has in a big crib. We also put her in there when she is already asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephy459
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM
I use scout he's the little leapfeog dog u can personizleit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Hmm I am not sure mine were always in the crib since they were born pretty much. They were actually out of the crib at just a little older than a year old. Have you thought about just skipping the crib and maybe trying just a mattress? This is how my 18 month old has been sleeping for a while now.

MorgansYoungMom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM
We use the Violet version of Scout for our dd.
The puppy plays 10 minutes of bed time music and it works wonders! I also have a fan on in her room for extra noise. She also sleeps with her Mickey Mouse.
My dd is 19 months.
Good luck! And if doing CIO, remember to be consistant!

Quoting stephy459:

I use scout he's the little leapfeog dog u can personizleit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspreggers14
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

bump

mommy2xp
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

BUMP!

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I saw this done once.

Put him in his crib and sit on the floor nearby with your back to him and just sit there until he falls asleep. He'll CIO and when he's asleep then get up and go to bed. Repeat if he wakes up and crawls out of his crib.

I've also seen these mesh crib tents.

TX.Momma.23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
We started DD in her crib in our room at 2 months. I used the arms reach cosleeper until then. Now her crib is in our room, and I guess because she started in it so early we don't have many problems. If she does cry I use the pick up/ put down method until she goes to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM

My DD has always been in her crib since day 1 at home.  However, I BF her and would rock her to sleep.  Do you have a rocker or glider to help soothe him?  Some moms will sit in the room and slowly move the rocker out of the room.  My DD also has a radio in her room and we always played a continuous cd or something.  As well as had a nightlight or the hall light on so its not too dark.  My DD throws up if she gets too upset so I can't let her CIO too long.  How do you get him to sleep when he does sleep with you?  Try a different form in his room....Good luck and God bless.....

mamabens
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM

No advice, here's a bump. We don't use CIO & we still co sleep at 2 yrs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)