Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"just a mom"

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
Does anyone else feel like they are just a mom? Not a woman, not a wife/friend.
I used to feel like I had many layers that made me a whole person.
Now I am just a mom. Don't get me wrong a mom is who I most want to be, but I feel I might be letting my hubby, and friends down.
Can anyone else relate?
Sandy,
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Completely and totally. Being a mom is the greatest job I've ever had but I feel like I've forgotten who I am and what makes me happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Klbushman
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Same here. I don't go out with friends, hubby and I rarely go out. I stay at home and take care of dd.  Although I love being a mom and I love my daughter desperately, I too feel like that's all I am anymore.  Some days I'm okay with that, others it really bothers me

mlmad21
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Same here. I can't remember the last time I did something for me.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Completely and totally. Being a mom is the greatest job I've ever had but I feel like I've forgotten who I am and what makes me happy.

ShannaBee
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I can a little. I know my hubby has got to be feeling neglected right now!

kyfiregirl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I also went through this and ended up going back to school and working for a while and even volunteered as a firefighter. i just needed something for me something not "mommy related". hugs and good luck!

1stbabyoct2010
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Well...kind of sort of.  I don't feel this way personally, but sometime my MIL makes me feel this way.  KWIM??  She always asks if I am bored yet, it just kind of gets to me...and then I sit there and feel like a mooch to my husband.  It just gets hard sometimes.

wilesmomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Yes. But right now I really don't mind it. I'm sure it's because I just had my 3rd baby 9 days ago and I'm still in very happy phase of it. I'm also recovering from the c-section so not much I can do anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcbmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM

this

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

lauratupper
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I went through a phase where I felt like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)