Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby nicknames you can't stand?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM
  • 59 Replies

Are there any nicknames you have heard people call their kids that make you crazy? My sister used to call her son "baby Man" and that name paired w/ the irritating way she said it made my DH cringe every time. he hated that name. Luckily she has stopped (He IS almost 7 now! lol)

I personally detest "bubby" and "sissy". And it's bad enough when the siblings call each other that, but when the parents do it too. ick!  My SIL calls her DD "Sister". It always makes me think of the Bearenstain (sp?) bears. lol

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2b116
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:53 PM

i cant stand it when they call the girls sissy ..

and my little girls grandpa calls her cammy.. her name is camron

i have no idea why it bus me so much

CafeMom Tickers
jparker289
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Lol I hate "lover boy" when people call their son that I wanna go " he is not your lover" its weird. And the "bubby" and "sissy" thing bugs me too. My DH tried with my kids but I stopped it fast. But I call my kids "curchuck", my daughter she has chunky legs. And "stinky" or "stud" my son cause his feet stink and he always looks like a stud, he walks like his sh*t don't stink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I understand. My oldest (14 yr) is Madison and I used to insist NO ONE was to call her Maddie. And she did the same thing. I HATED that nickname and almost didn't name her Madison because I didn't want her called that. Now, she is Maddie! LOL She and I both have come to like it after all.

Quoting mom2b116:

i cant stand it when they call the girls sissy ..

and my little girls grandpa calls her cammy.. her name is camron

i have no idea why it bus me so much

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Bubby

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I hate sissy!

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM
We named our son Jacob Wyatt but we choose for him to be called Wyatt. Long story as to why. Dh's family calls him JW after I have repeatedly asked them not to. It makes me livid. We call him monster or I call him mr man. Not sure why...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MummaNik
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Lol! I call my DD baby sister! Sorry haha!
I hate it when ppl call their kids sexy, ugh! They are babies, they are not sexy! Makes me want to vomit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fancyjane
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Generic Nicknames I hate:

Baby Girl

Sissy

Peanut

Bubba

faeryfrog
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM
My cousin calls her son daddy, ewww. I really dislike when people call my DD (Ella) elly-phant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I don't think it's cute when people call their girls "mama/mamas" or "sissy", "bubba/bubby" kind of bugs me also for boys or girls. I would never tell someone what they can and can't call their own kids though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)