Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you going to pay for college for your kids...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

or make them pay for it?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               baby boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Leo Harry born 5-13-2010

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yksurepa_570
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:01 PM

it all deponds on if i have a good enough job.  if not they will have to find a way to pay.

ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:01 PM

i hope that they earn some scholarships but we once we get to a place where we can we will start college funds for them but i know it wont be enough to pay for all of their college so they will have to get loans and work their way through college just like me and their dad are about to do we are going to start college in aug. ourselves 

ctfirsttimemom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM

we certainly hope to!  Our kids are 2 and the second is due this July.  I do not even want to think about what tuition will be by the time they go.  I'm hoping we can pay for state school for undergrad anyway. 

JennJune88
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM
If I can afford it then I will definitely help them out. But I think it is also good for kids to learn how to pay for stuff for themselves...
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM

If we can afford to and they are good students then yes we will pay, but as of right now we can't afford to pay for their college. I will encourage 2 years at a Community College then a transfer to a 4 year institution if they can not get substantially lowered tuition due to grants and scholarships.

Colie68
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I don't know if I will pay for all of it even if I could but I will help for sure. I had to pay my own way and I think I am more responsible with money because of it but a little help would have been nice.

Salsacookies
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM
why not take advantage of the federal financial aid? i'll make sure my kids get educated on fafsa and pell grants and if after that, there is still a balance, i'll do what i can, but hopefully they'll be able to pick up a few scholarships.
OutlawMUA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:54 AM

We will help at least. We've started a college fund for him and will for this baby too so at least we'll be able to help, but with the prices who knows if that will actually pay for it!

Schleetle
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:59 AM
Not sure, but if they need help probably yes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)