Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any advice or tips? (sleeping patterns due to breastfeeding)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

my son is 7 months old and still every night he wakes up 4 times in the night for the boob or if he realizes my boob is not in his mouth. yes i give him the pascifire but he crys and crys till i put the boob in his mouth and mind u its ok to feed him but to have to sleep in that position all night very uncomfortable i tryed putting him his crib making him sleep in his swing and nothing works he will not sleep unless he gets boob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP 

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM

All I can tell you is it is normal. DS still woke up 2-3 times a night until about 18 months. he's 2 no & wakes up once some nights.  i have no advice except it does get better & co sleeping helps emmensely

jjs_hott_mamma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM

thank u

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I went through the same thing with DD until I transitioned her to her crib about 2 months ago. Once she started sleeping in her crib she stopped waking up all night long. I hope you figure something out, I know how uncomfortable that position is all night long!!

PhilsBabyMama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 PM

That's normal, mama. It get's easier.  Have you tried co-sleeping?  I'd nurse my son until he fell asleep, then pop him off my nipple by putting my finger in his mouth to break the suction.

MorganTho
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Me too! Get a larger pillow and put it behind your back! I do this with dd and it makes it more comfortable to stay in that position longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:09 AM

FENUGREEK--Maybe he is not getting as much milk to have to wake up 4 times.  Tie something you have work all day to the pacifier, maybe it isnt necessarily you but your scent that gives him comfort.

Blue_Spiral
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:13 AM

My son's like that too. I just deal with it, I don't know. Maybe by 7 months I'll start going nuts I don't know lol

jessihernandez
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Normal! DD is almost 11mo and is the same. Not all babies are ready to sleep through the night at the same time. He'll get there when he's ready. I'm sure you already are, but cosleeping is a lifesaver for us. Even that can be exhausting some nights, but we get more sleep that way than we would otherwise. It'll get better, they're only little for so long!

mamabens
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM

That's not necessarily true. Chances are he is getting plenty of mik. It' s normal for a 7 month old to  wake up several times a night. Sure not all babies will but a lot of bf babies still do.

Quoting MixedCooke:

FENUGREEK--Maybe he is not getting as much milk to have to wake up 4 times.  Tie something you have work all day to the pacifier, maybe it isnt necessarily you but your scent that gives him comfort.

jjs_hott_mamma
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:48 PM

thank you ladies so so much ill will try these tips its just hard and i do think it is my sent and just me in general because he refuses to go to anyone else not even his father he has to be with me and only me if i hand him off for a few lets just say sound the alerms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)