Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your pediatrician...?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 AM
  • 33 Replies
ask where your baby sleeps? I have our daughters 2 wk visit today and I remember them asking every time with my son. when I say in our bed I get a mini lecture. not looking forward to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdasgirl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:11 AM
Just say the crib then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LabTech211
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:13 AM
or the bassinet. Peds are too damn nosey IMO.

Quoting kdasgirl:

Just say the crib then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
athenaheim
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:15 AM
Mine doesn't ask. Just tell them the baby sleeps somewhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovin.my.boys
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:30 AM

Quoting athenaheim:

Mine doesn't ask. Just tell them the baby sleeps somewhere else.

bioteach
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Our doctor doesn't, but our insurance dictates that we get all vaccinations at the local county health department, and they always ask.  But Luke has always been in his own crib in his room (except his first two weeks home - we had him in a bassinet in our room then).

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM

She did in the beginning,but liked when we said baby slept with us.

lisakansas
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:18 AM

You know, I can't remember now, it's been too long...wonder if they will with this one?

Flaca43
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Ours did and started getting upset when we looked at each other because we were afraid to tell him he slept with us!
Then at 3 months he said he has a way to let him sleep in his crib, but that he won't waste his time showing us if we aren't going to do it. He also said we need to have him sleep in his own bed now or he will never get out of our bed. That we will have a two ur old sleeping with us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OutlawMUA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Did once. We cosleep. He said "ok - this isn't your first rodeo, I'm sure you know what you're doing!"
He doesn't give me trouble over any of my decisions (BF, cosleeping, no vax, delayed solids, no cereal/baby food, etc)..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5andlovingit
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM

He's asked with every single one and when he asked with Ryan (our 4th) we said, he sleeps in our room and sometimes in our bed.  He just shrugged and said, "this isn't your first, so you know what works for you & your family better than I do," and went on with the rest of the appointment. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)